cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX 892 Won't Turn On

Mortypie
Apprentice

My Pixma MX892, which I would guess is a little over a year old, has suddenly stopped working.  I was able to print just two days ago, but now the unit will not turn on at all.  Yes it is plugged in and yes the cord is connected to the unit.  It simply won't start no matter how many times the power button is pushed or how long it is held down.  Is this a known issue and what might be a way to fix this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ramona
Authority

Hi Mortypie, turnem and ticarre:

Please follow these steps to try and resolve the issue:

1.  Unplug the power cord from the back of the printer and from the wall outlet/surge protector and leave them out for at least 10 minutes, then plug it back in.  Sometimes one port on a surge protector will work, while another will not, so we recommend plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.

2.  If the printer reset didn't work, please try to plug the printer into another power outlet in a different area of the room, or another room if possible and try to turn the unit on.

3.  If you have another power cord you can use with the printer, please try to use that power cord to see if this will power the unit on.

If the printer still does not turn on after these steps, it will require servicing to resolve the issue.  Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page to obtain your servicing options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

218 REPLIES 218

I was in the middle of printing and my MX892 stopped dead. 

ALL the lights off, no sign of life.  Unplugged it, the screen and lights come on for a few seconds and all is dead again.

I woud agee that this is more than a coincidence since it's happening to so many people.  It would be safe to say that 90% of the people experiencing this aren't likely to find this board, let alone post to it.

Can someone at Canon PLEASE advise on what to do???  This is a relatively expensive printer for me, and I have a bunch invested in replacement cartridges, and now I have to run out and buy a printer ASAP to finish a some paperwork before I travel overseas. 

With all the other things going on, I hope I have time to find the receipt, I believe this may still be under warranty, at least I hope it is.

Hi Cobram!

Thanks for posting in the Canon Forum! The Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team.

Thanks!

Thanks for the quick response. 

The answer seems to be there is nothing that can be done on the owners end except send it in for service.

Yep, total *
Absolutely unacceptable
Guess who won't be buying Canon products anymore, and I will be sure to spread the word to EVERYONE i know

Mod Note: Edited for language per forum guidelines.

My Pixma MG5320 has same problem and I noted 5 others that had reported this issue. This isn't a coincidence, just a faulty product. Wonder what governemtn agency oversees this? 

Curious if the BBB would intervene? I have had success with the BBB previously. However not for this Canon printer crap!
We all will have to file a complaint which is not that inconvenient.

Probaly the smart thing to do.  Do you file a complaint from the state you reside or in the state for Canon USA headquarters? (Melville, NY)

Here's the link to start the process.

Complaints are handled by the BBB serving the region where the business is located.  So I guess it would be coporate head quarters?

Headqurters located here;

Canon U.S.A., Inc.

1 Canon Park

Melville, NY 11747

Announcements