cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX 892 Won't Turn On

Mortypie
Apprentice

My Pixma MX892, which I would guess is a little over a year old, has suddenly stopped working.  I was able to print just two days ago, but now the unit will not turn on at all.  Yes it is plugged in and yes the cord is connected to the unit.  It simply won't start no matter how many times the power button is pushed or how long it is held down.  Is this a known issue and what might be a way to fix this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ramona
Authority

Hi Mortypie, turnem and ticarre:

Please follow these steps to try and resolve the issue:

1.  Unplug the power cord from the back of the printer and from the wall outlet/surge protector and leave them out for at least 10 minutes, then plug it back in.  Sometimes one port on a surge protector will work, while another will not, so we recommend plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.

2.  If the printer reset didn't work, please try to plug the printer into another power outlet in a different area of the room, or another room if possible and try to turn the unit on.

3.  If you have another power cord you can use with the printer, please try to use that power cord to see if this will power the unit on.

If the printer still does not turn on after these steps, it will require servicing to resolve the issue.  Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page to obtain your servicing options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

218 REPLIES 218

I would insist that Canon restart the warranty from date of repair and point to this thread. It will be interesting to see how long this goes on before they take action.  I can see a new business case book on the horizon;

"How to Ruin Your Company's Reputation with Social Newtorking"

- by Canon USA

I'm not even worried about it anymore. I find it absolutely hilarious that this thread is contained on the Canon website -- clearly they care about their customers. I've already replaced my printer with a more reliable printer from a trustworthy company. I will never buy another Canon product.

cobrajunkie
Contributor

Oh my.  I posted how to contact the president of Canon USA with his name, email, and phone number and was banned for a week. My post was also deleted.  During my "quiet time",  I stumbled over this article regarding class action suite.

I dont see the article.

Also I can not access your original post it has been deleted.

What a bunch of low lifes. When I think that Canon can't get any lower they do by deleting more users posts.

PATHETIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there a reason my simple post was deleted? I received no private messages on why it was deleted.

All I stated was that my printer died in the same fashion as everyone elses and if there was a class action lawsuit.

Nice move Canon, nice.

Don't worry its nothing you did. Just Canon showing off thier awesome customer service and why you should not buy any of their products due to their lack of respect for customers.

Welcome to the club of being treated poorly by Canon. Oh did i just say that? Lets see if my post gets deleted.

Welcome to the world of Manipulative Social Media.  Delete and edit posts at will to favor the agenda of the manufacturer.  Try posting something other than praise on their Facebook page here.

Hey folks;

If you would like to see what other customers are getting the "Royal" treatment

from Canon, try reading some of the other threads.  Start with others where their

printers won't run either.  Then work your way up the food chain to other problems.

Granted, many people need technical help figuring out how to get their printer to do

what they want, and other customers who have worked through similar problems

are a great source of insight and information.

Thank you all for supplying the answers and solutions these folks couldn't get from Canon.

But don't get complacent. 

Many other customers with other legitimate problems are getting the same Canon Shuffle

that we are getting here.

Let them know they have community support (if not Canon's support),  Tell them they are

not alone.

Thanks,

-B

I experienced the same problem with a dead pixma. I called cannon and explained the problem and though they didnt resolve the issue in this call, I explained I was not satisfied with the help I received in the call and the issue was not resolved and they called me and have resolved the issue.Printer is working great now. Thanks cannon for your help with this. I've gone from sour to sweet. 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements