cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX 892 Won't Turn On

Mortypie
Apprentice

My Pixma MX892, which I would guess is a little over a year old, has suddenly stopped working.  I was able to print just two days ago, but now the unit will not turn on at all.  Yes it is plugged in and yes the cord is connected to the unit.  It simply won't start no matter how many times the power button is pushed or how long it is held down.  Is this a known issue and what might be a way to fix this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ramona
Authority

Hi Mortypie, turnem and ticarre:

Please follow these steps to try and resolve the issue:

1.  Unplug the power cord from the back of the printer and from the wall outlet/surge protector and leave them out for at least 10 minutes, then plug it back in.  Sometimes one port on a surge protector will work, while another will not, so we recommend plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.

2.  If the printer reset didn't work, please try to plug the printer into another power outlet in a different area of the room, or another room if possible and try to turn the unit on.

3.  If you have another power cord you can use with the printer, please try to use that power cord to see if this will power the unit on.

If the printer still does not turn on after these steps, it will require servicing to resolve the issue.  Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page to obtain your servicing options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

218 REPLIES 218

Oh my someone at cannon is deleting posts like a mad man!!! Several posts have disappeared!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bnio,

Sorry I couldn't answer your post.

This is the message I'm getting now from the board when I attempt to reply to a new post.

Access Denied

You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.

Click your browser's Back button to continue.

Wonder how that happened?

Could it be that Canon is beginning to get the message, or are they just playing Big Brother and
censoring any negative opinions regarding their poor quality.

So if you do not see any future posts from me, it's not because I have given up on you folks, it's
because they have finally locked me out for good.

Fight on! 

Keep your plugs tight and enjoy your new (not Canon) printer.

This is for Crista and Jason (board moderators):

I haven't seen any posts from you guys for awhile.  What's up?

It would be nice to have a customer advocate on the board.

Are you allowed to have opinions?

Or should I ask, are you allowed to express your opinions?

This is for Ramona (product expert):

Hey Ramona - if anyone at Canon should know what's going on

it should be you.

What is going on with all our printers?

Are we all bad users, or are we all just unlucky?

I have looked at other product threads, and noticed an abundance of

customers having the same or similar problems with other Canon

printers.  Is Canon using the same parts (or vendor) in so many of

their products?

Ramona, what is the story?

Is anything being done?

Are my children and my children's children going to still be having this

problem (if they should happen to buy a Canon product)?

How about a little product feedback.

Thanks

-B

Oh yeah!

Moderators - why am I having such a problem getting on the board?

(see post above)

Thanks,

-B

I'm hoping that Canon takes these comments and acts on them instead of hiding in the shadows. I'm now a past Canon customer and I've become an Epson customer. Canon's unreliability and unresponsiveness has pushed me away from them. It's a shame! They are being so short sighted! 

Nebnetto, I have seen the same error you are receiving. I have also seen several posts deleted then I received this error when I tried to access them from my email link.

These deadlinks are proof Canon moderators have been caught red handed deleting posts. In regards to the missing posts I read them and they were fellow people like ourselves talking about the short comings of canon products, preamture failures and Canon's unwillingness to replace the faulty electronics. I wished I screenshotted the page so I could post it and ask the mods specifically why they were removed it. Canon's actions have been and continue to be extremely pathetic.

Also I made a post with website links several months ago about class action lawsuits that involve canon and faulty ectronics and it was promptly removed. My initial raction was what a bunch of low lifes trying to censor thier forum. I moved on at that point. But now that they are blatantly deleting more inviduals post it is really starting to make me irritated and motivate me to make sure this does not continue.

To all watch your posts and make sure they don't disappear!!!!!!!!!!!

bnio - sorry to hear that.

I'm still waiting to hear from a moderator re: not being able to sign in.

We will see . . .

Oh my Lord....I was printing homework for my 8 yr old daughter and suddenly the printer cut off power and never went back again.........at least I am not alone...I bought it while back dont remember when. How do I check if there is still warrantee for this? Please advise. Thanks.

If I remember correctly, the warranty for Canon printers is one year or until it breaks, which ever comes first.

BUT . . .  If you paid by credit card, they may have EXTENDED the warranty by a year.  If you used a card,

call the credit card company and see if they doubled the warranty.  If not, you're probably out of luck. 

In that case buy a different brand of printer - Epson, Brother, (in my case) HP.

Good luck.  I hope this helps.

Announcements