cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MP495 Printer not detected

javisst
Apprentice

Hello there. So I have a Canon Pixma 495 printer that worked great wirelessly for 5 months but all of a sudden my Macbook Pro stopped detecting it. I tried reinstalling the Canon drivers but the installation will not complete on account of the printer being undetectable, even when connected with a USB cord. I installed the latest Canon drivers from Apple and still, the printer cannot be detected. When I try to add a printer to "Print and Fax" under System Preferences, it can still not detect it there. Any ideas how to solve this? Any help appreciated!

20 REPLIES 20

Hello, i have problem, my computer cant find printer, i use USB cable and saying not detected, many times i uninstal and install again but cant help nothing, how fix please help

Hi

I have this problem too, I've printed out the network configuration page and it says link status is inactive and wireless is disabled.  My mac doesn't find the printer at all (I removed it and want to reinstal to see if I can then print)

Please advise asap.

says inactive

I need help. My printer worked with USB just fine but after trying to connect wirelessly, it says "Printer is Offline." I did the test for ACTIVE and it IS.

The IP is: 192.168.0.8

Default Gateway is: 192.168.0.1

I have Windows 7  64bit

PLEASE tell me how to get my printer working again like it was. I've reinstalled driver software (no CD on hand) twice and still nothing.

Hello, i have the same problem. I'm trying to install the printer, i need the IP address, I printed the LAN settings, but there's not IP address and the status is inactive. How could I solve this?

sbornot2b
Apprentice

Windows 10. Tried everything in previous posts.

When I get to the step in the installation where it says to plug in the USB cable, I do, and it never detects the printer.

Prinout from my mp495:

Wireless Lan: Enable

Link Status: Inactive

MAC Address: 88:87:17:1F:3A:A1

SSID BJNPSETUP

Connection Mode: Infrastructure

Encryption: none

WEP Key length: inactive

Authentication: Open

TCP / IP Verification IPv4

and more...

Hi sbornot2b,

If you have any antivirus or firewall programs installed on your computer, please temporarily disable them and then attempt to reinstall the printer.  Sometimes these programs can block the detection and successful installation of the printer.  Once the printer is installed successfully, you can re-enable the protection software.

If you still experience difficulty, please call 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays) and a Canon technical support representative will be happy to help.  There is no charge for this call.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Tal
Apprentice
I just found a very weired behavior connecting this printer.
Router WiFi protection mode might need to be changed from WPA2 to WPA or the printer to work !!b
It was connected for a time and at some point, after my kid played with router ports it stoped.
I tried to setup the printer again and it said it connected to network OK, but still was not detected 😕
After changing the router protection from WPA2 to WPA-WPA2 it was ok.

seadad805
Apprentice

OK this seemes to be a situation where everyone is haveing the same problem with the MP495 printer so its evident that the product is not user friendly and when going online to find a solution it takes unnecesary time to try to find a way to get your printer to work.

Solution: take you MP495 and throw it in the trash!!! Read PC Mag or another reliable review source for revews on a printer that will fit your needs and match your wallet.  Dont even bother trying to donate it because someone else will just end up with the frustration.  And Cannon you should be ashamed for haveing a product with this problem for so many and not creating simple softwhere to address this!

seadad805
Apprentice

OK this seemes to be a situation where everyone is haveing the same problem with the MP495 printer so its evident that the product is not user friendly and when going online to find a solution it takes unnecesary time to try to find a way to get your printer to work.

Solution: take you MP495 and throw it in the trash!!! Read PC Mag or another reliable review source for revews on a printer that will fit your needs and match your wallet.  Dont even bother trying to donate it because someone else will just end up with the frustration.  And Cannon you should be ashamed for haveing a product with this problem for so many and not creating simple softwhere to address this! 

Back to W/Mart or B/Buy!

Hope this helps all with the same problem

Announcements