cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MP 950 won't let me print in black only anymore - why???

Candycane3242
Contributor

I have a Mac 10.6.8 

When I try to print now, in the print dialogue screen, I only get a "standard" drop-down menu option ...... the "Quality & Media" option has disappeared so I can't select black only printing anymore and I can't figure out why??

Please, any ideas/suggestions?

6 REPLIES 6

Candycane3242
Contributor

After reading other posts, my printer is connected via USB.

Printer driver version is 10.67.1.0

James_C

Hi Candycane3242

Uninstalling and reinstalling the PIXMA MP 950 should resolve this issue.  Please disconnect the cable from the back of the PIXMA MP 950 and then follow these steps:

1.  Click on Mac HD.

2.  Then click on Library.

3.  Click on Printers.

4.  Place the whole Canon folder in the Trash.

5.  Once gone, go back to the Library folder and click on the Receipts folder.

6.  Move the PIXMA MP 950 folder to the Trash.

7.  Once gone, go back to the Library folder and click on the Preferences folder.

8.  Move the PIXMA MP 950 folder to the Trash.

9.  Once gone, go back to the Library folder.

10.  Click on the Preferences folder and move the PIXMA MP 950 to the Trash.

11.  Go back to the Library folder on last time.

12.  Click on Image Capture and then TWAIN Data Sources.

13.  Move the PIXMAMP 950 folder to the Trash.

Once complete, please visit the Support page at www.usa.canon.com for your PIXMA MP 950 and download and install the latest drivers for your unit. 

14.  Additionally, try another program when printing to see if the same issue occurs.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi James,

Thanks for your suggestion but unfortunately it didn't work.

Hi James,

Now I can't print anything at all. I keep getting an error screen stating that software has to be installed for this printer first, but I have already reinstalled it.

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements