cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG7720 ??

chuckb01
Apprentice

My MG 7720 just quit printing magenta. The ink cartridge is almost full. i replaced it and still no magenta. I cleaned the heads several times and tried to print an entire sheet of paper magenta and it printed it yellow. I believe that is correct except that the magenta is missing for the mixed color. Anyone have any ideas? Also is there a way to reset the firmware on this thing? Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

BillS
Mentor

Hi chuckb01,

If you try to print and the page is streaked, blank or colors are missing, try printing the Nozzle Check Pattern to confirm that the printer is operating correctly.
If the Nozzle Check Pattern prints correctly, try printing from a different application.

Click here for the instructions to print the Nozzle Check Pattern.

If the Nozzle Check Pattern did not print correctly, confirm that there is not a paper jam and that all of the packing material has been removed from the the ink tanks and that they are installed correctly.

Click here to check for packing material and paper jams.

Click here to check the ink tank installation.

After you have confirmed that the ink tanks are installed correctly, print the Nozzle Check Pattern again. 

Click here for the instructions to print the Nozzle Check Pattern.

If the Nozzle Check Pattern did not print correctly, the print head needs to be cleaned.

Click here for the instructions to clean the print head.

After cleaning the print head, print the nozzle test pattern again.
If the pattern is missing ink, deep print head cleaning will be required.

Click here for the instructions to deep clean the print head.

Print the nozzle test pattern again.

After deep print head cleaning has been completed:
If the pattern does not print correctly, the print head may need to be replaced.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements