cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG6820 Brand New with Error Code 6502/5100

Khryseis_Astra
Apprentice

Just out of the box and already have an error code. I was getting 6502 at first. Then I restarted and reinstalled the ink cartridges, as I saw that recommended on another post. Now I have error 5100... there are no paper jams: this is brand new out of the box and I haven't even been able to make it to the print head alignment in the start-up instructions! I removed all the orange stickers and caps, the cartridges are installed correctly, all the lights were lit up, but I can not go on to the next step without an error code. After another restart, its back to error 6502. What can I do? I bought this online, so returning it would be a pain.

7 REPLIES 7

Crista
Whiz

Hi Khryseis_Astra!

Thanks for posting in the Canon Forums!

The Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If are you in the United States and this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team. If you live outside the United States, please click here and select your country or region for your support needs.

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Try turning the printer off and unplugging the power for about 5-10 minutes.  While unplugged, check to make sure that there are no obstructions or jams in the printer.

If the error persists once you have powered the printer back on, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have restarted several times... it will go back to the very beginning of the startup (language selection, etc.). But it still will not get to the print head alignment stage. The error always occurs right before that stage. 

The Contact Us link does not work... I get this error screen on my laptop and on mobile:

Error 404: javax.servlet.ServletException: CWSRV0190E: File not found: /WEB-INF/servlet/view

Hi, Khryseis_Astra!

We tested the link and it appears to be working correctly. Could you try a different web browser?

Alternately, please try the following link: http://Canon.us/SupportCF

Thanks!

That's the drivers & manuals page... I was trying to get to someone who could help. The error I received was after I typed in my model and hit go.

An update... after several restarts, the printer cartridges no longer come to the center for removal. It is now consistently error 5100. I have not inserted anything into this printer but the cartridges. Again, it is a brand new printer and was literally taken out of the box 2 hours ago, and all I have done is follow the steps in order. I'm thinking this is defective and will need to be returned unless someone can think of a way to fix whatever the problem is.

Hi Khryseis_Astra,

Cleaning the encoder film of the printer may resolve the 5100 error you are experiencing.  To do this, please follow the steps shown here.  Once the steps have been performed, please restart your printer again.  If you still experience difficulty, the printer may require servicing; we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for further assistance. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements