cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG6320 Where is the print head release?

bettytillery
Apprentice

My Pixma MG6320 was replaced by Cannon by mail without a printer head while under warranty with problems with the print head and I am supposed to use the head from my old printer (the one with the print head problems). They can't send me a replacement with a new head? The access door is inadequate to perform this operation and there is no hint on the generic instructions, that apply to many different models, where the head release lever is. I see that there are two brass clips way at the back of the assembly that seem to be holding the head in place.

How hard would it be for a huge corporation like this to provide instructions applicable to the exact product you purchased instead of these generic instructions that leave out so much you need to know; in able to do what they seem to expect of you. Give me a break! Don't they sell thousands of each different model. Shows how important my time and peace of mind is to the manufacturer. Online "how to" help also does not show the majic release lever. Also, it is the weekend and telephone help is not available.

4 REPLIES 4

Stephen

Hi bettytillery!

We aplogize for your frustration! If you need urgent support, feel free to contact our Technical Support Team by email! They're availble 24 x 7 at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi bettytillery,

On very rare occasions, like a print head error condition or poor print quality issues, it may be necessary to reseat or remove the print head from one printer to install it into another.  Follow these steps to remove the print head:

1. Make sure that the power is turned on, then, holding both sides of the paper output tray, gently open it.

2. Lift the operation panel open until it stops.  The print head holder will move to ink tank replacement position.

3. Push the tab (A) on an ink tank and lift it out of the printer.

4. Remove the rest of the ink tanks from the holder.

5. After all the ink tanks have been removed from the holder, press and hold the Stop button for two seconds (or longer) until the print head carriage moves to the replacement position and then release the button.  The carriage will move to the right and then return almost centered with the front opening.

6. Open the the inner cover (B) and push it down all the way to the bottom.

7. Pull the Head Set Lever towards the front of the machine. You may find resistance when the bottom of the Head Set Lever hits the back of the front edge. The Head Set Lever will move forward as it slides above that front edge.

8. Use your finger tips to grab the top of the center tab and pull out the print head. You will notice the front of the print head will drop face down as you pull it out of the machine.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

The only thing you didn't answer was: Where is the print head release?  You say move some lever, but where is it? Was there a picture where the icon seems to be greyed out?  There is no connection to cusa available by clicking the icon.

Hi, terrywwes!

Thanks for your post! Our website has been updated since this post, and you can find the updated directions with illustrations by clicking HERE.

We hope this helps!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements