cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG6220 won't copy from cassette

MFJL
Apprentice

My Pixma MG6220 worked perfectly this morning when I made a copy, printing beautifully from the casette, which is my preference.

This evening, I need to make more copies, and I am suddenly getting an error message that the rear tray has no paper, and I must load it.  It simply won't print copies from the cassette.

The trouble is that I don't want to use the rear tray; I want to use the cassette.  I was not home all day, so no one touched the printer in the meantime.  No settings were changed.  Nevertheless, I looked at the manual and learned how to change the setting for paper source.  It was already set to cassette, but I confirmed this and tried again.  Same error message.

I run Mac OS 10.6.  My Pixma is 3 months out of warranty.  What on earth can I do?  I tried cleaning the rollers with no success, and I cannot find reference to this issue anywhere online.  I feel I am out of options.  Please help!

14 REPLIES 14

renibob
Apprentice

I have this problem now with my Pixma MP620 and haven't been able to get back to the original setting.

Actually, I just got back to the factory settings. and was able to click on cassette setting. I didn't know the term , but learned it here .Hurray! The clerk at Office Max wasn't a bit of help Thank you to those who posted here .

Dealing with the same issue, I  did not find any of the previous solutions helpful until I explored the Default settings for printing.   In Print go to Presets,  in my case U.S. Legal size paper was selected, which would activate a rear cassette issue.  In Page Setup I also noticed Paper Size was on Legal then changed it to Letter size and that took care of the problem. 

Hope that helps.  Thanks for all your contributions, which eventually got me on the right track! m.

CanonUser5
Apprentice

I was able to fix this problem when printing from Outlook by going into "Define Styles" and change the setting there from rear tray to cassette.  Question remains why in the middle of the night did this setting change?  For years before it always printed from the cassette.

TyFord
Apprentice

I join my fellow canon users with some good news. I hope.
I ran into the same problem today. After trying all of the above with no success, I did the following.

1. Turn printer off for about 5 minutes.\

2. Went to Mac Printer/Scanner Preferences and deleted the 6200.

3 Turned printer back on. Clicked on the Add Printer + sign in Printer/Scanner Preferences.

4. Saw several iterations of the 6200 (connected to my other computers), but chose the simplest most direct one.

5. Chose a document that had been a problem. Chose "cassette" from the Quality & Media tab in the print window.

6. Clicked on Print and heard the old familiar "chug a chug."

7. Life is good again!

Announcements