cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG5420 not printing cyan

AngiePotter
Apprentice

Hi!  My Pixma MG5420 is not printing cyan.  I had a friends son come by and run the clean twice and deep clean option as well.  When we printed the test sheet blue was not printing in all instances.

He checked the ink cartridge and it was installed properly and suggests that something is blocking the ink from flowing to the jets.  Pulled out the cyan cartridge and the spongey part had a circle of cyan ink that transferred on to his finger with no problem.

This printer has performed without a problem until just recently.  I've successfully changed the printer cartridges numerous times in the past and this is the first time this sort of malfunction has occurred.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

If the issue persists after cleanings have been performed, please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance with this matter.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi, Anne65!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If you still need help, you're welcome to call our US-based service team for free live help at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).  Afternoons and evenings tend to have shorter hold times, allowing you to get right through with little to no wait time.  You can also get help 24/7 via email at http://canon.us/EmailCF

Thanks and have a great day!

Update April 20, 2018: I was able to contact technical support at Canon, and my experience was very good. The technician I spoke with was professional, courteous, and helpful, and my printing issue was solved. I'd like to delete my previous comment. It was written in frustration, but it doesn't look like I can.

Hi, Anne65!

Thanks for giving our support team the opportunity to help you. We're glad to hear it was a success!

We've deleted your previous post per your request, and you're welcome to contact us anytime you have a question about your printer.

Thanks for choosing Canon!

Aidrie
Apprentice

Can someone please post what it was that solved this ?  Having it end with "I talked with them and they resolved it" does not help anyone else  🙂  just saying 🙂

0megaman21
Apprentice

What is the solution? I've done probably 40 deep cleans and went through tons of ink and no matter what it won't print the three cyan lines on the nozzle check and nothing cyan ever comes out of a regular print. Saying the solution is to call someone doesn't work because canon will not take questions on this printer anymore. 

Announcements