cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG5420 Unrresponsive

garybeltz
Apprentice

I have had this printer since 2013 and it has worked but recently I cannot get it to print even directly from the cable.  I tried a forced power off and turned it back on,  Restarted the computer it's attached to and it won't show up on my wifi network.  One time while powering on the printer displayed a message saying that there was an error and to turn the printer off then back on and now the printer is sitting like it's waiting for a print job but it never starts printing.  

The computer can see it but not my wifi network.  When the error message mentioned above appeared I noticed that the orange attention light would blink 3 times, pause for a few seconds then repeat.  The canon software says the printer is not responding.  This morning it said it was offline. Any other ideas or suggestions would help.  Thanks.  

1 REPLY 1

Ramona
Authority

Hi garybeltz,

To try and resolve the issue, we can reset your network, then try reconnecting the printer to your network and reinstalling the drivers.  To reset your network, please follow these steps:

1. Turn off the printer and unplug the power cord, then turn off your computer.

2. Unplug your wireless router for at least 60 seconds, then plug it back in.

3. Wait 5 minutes, then plug the printer back in, and turn it and the computer back on.

Please also move your printer as close to your wireless access point/router as possible, ensuring that there are no devices that may be causing an interference (i.e., baby monitors, cordless phones, microwaves, other wireless devices, etc.) between the devices nearby.

Also, if you have a dual-band router, please ensure that the printer and your computer are both connected to the 2.4 GHz frequency.

Once the above recommendations have been performed, please try reconnecting the printer to your network by following the steps shown here.  Once this has been done, please try reinstalling the printer on your computer using the latest drivers from the Canon USA website here.

Prior to installing the drivers, you will want to ensure that any antivirus, firewall or spyware programs that are on your computer are temporarily disabled, as these programs can sometimes prevent the printer from being installed successfully.  Once the printer is installed successfully, the protection software can be re-enabled.

Once the drivers are reinstalled, please restart your computer, then attempt to print again.  Should you still experience difficulty, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for further assistance. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements