cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG5320 stopped printing with Windows 10 version 1607

excel
Apprentice

I have an Pixma MG6320 printer that suddenly stopped printing from a desktop running Windows 10. This happened after a several operating system upgrades. I suspect the issue started after the upgrade to 1607.

When a document is sent to the printer, the printer display lights up with the "processing..." message and the document appears and disappears from the print queue. However, the document never prints and the "Prining from PC" message never appears. This is a hard failure - it happens every time. Troubleshooting cannot find any problems.

I have tried several mitigations:
These fail:
1) Uninstalling and reinstalling the printer with the current driver: fails
2) Wireless vs. USB: both fail
3) Installing the 1.01 (2015) version of the driver on the Canon site: fails

These work:
A) Sending documents to the printer from a Windows 7 computer: works
B) Fresh install of Windows 10 1607and default printer driver: works
C) Force installing an old version of the printer driver from a 2016 image backup

As it turns out on Windows 10 version 1607
* the printer works with driver version 2.56.2.10 (8/2012) and queue version 10.0.14393.0 (8/2006).
* the printer fails after driver version 1.01 (2015) is installed

It appears as though something in the 2015 mg5320 driver release is not compatible with Windows 10 v1607.

Please advise.

1 REPLY 1

James_C

Hi excel,

Based on what you described, It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements