cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG3600 Series

wvbibi
Apprentice

UGH. I just bought this thing on sale and I'm already ready to throw it out the window. I couldn't connect to my Mac Air (ios Sierra 10.12.6) no matter what advice I got online - one advice told me to push a button on my router?!?!? which button? anyway, nothing worked - color button, wifi button, wait for 19 blinks, whatever. So after about 2 miserable hours I called support, who told me to download this Selphy thing to my iphone - why didn't I see this little tidbit in my 2 hours of googling? so that worked for a second. I printed 5 checks and a flyer and then the printer apparently was done. Although it shows up in the print dialog box and the Settings... Printer, it is "offline" or "not connected." I've used the Canon IJ Network tool about a million times now, which must bump it back into being online, I don't know. So it sort of works. But how the hell do I connect my scanner? After repeatedly using the Canon IJ Scan Utilty and not finding a scanner, all of a sudden for no reason my printer showed up. But I can't use the Canon Navigator program to scan which gives me a lot more options than that dopey little box in the Scan Utility. I do not recall ever having this much trouble setting a printer and it's making me feel pretty dumb- I've probably had about 50 in my lifetime, from dot matrix to laser, from using the DOS prompt to using a Mac. This is ridiculous and I'm really about ready to get my money back and buy an Epson. 

HELP ME!

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi wvbibi,

The MP Navigator EX is not supported with the PIXMA MG3620.  The IJ Scan Utiltiy can perform every operation that the MP Navigator EX could.  For more information regarding the IJ Scan Utility, please use the following link:

http://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/ScanUtility/M/MG3600%20series/2.0/EN/SU/Top.html

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Canon:

I hope what you say, "The IJ Scan Utiltiy can perform every operation that the MP Navigator EX could.," is true.

After scanning a document, I am unable to find the "cropping" took MP Navigator EX provided. I see the "rotation" tool, but where the cropping tool? I really need the cropping tool.

Thank you.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements