cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG2520 Refuses to print entire page

Shaz
Apprentice

Hello. This is the first time I've ever had this problem. I frequent reinstalling my OS whenever it begins to slow down immensely or whenever I'm spooked by the idea that I may have an infection of some type, so I've always had to install my printer's drivers time and time again. This time around I have a new problem and that my printer (Pixma MG2520 as stated in the title) downright refuses to print the entire page.

What leaves me more confused is that I seem to have messed around with what seems to be every setting, taking advice from all over the internet, and reinstalling my printer's drivers a few times to no avail.

It's not that I'm trying to print a document that is sized for a legal document onto a sheet of letter paper, but something that should be printed as a 1:1 ratio. For an example, here is a document I've had no problem printing before and suddenly have a problem with now. Note that the first image is with Fit to page ticked off and the second image is with that feature turned on. Both give me the same results.

Figure 1: Default

2.PNG

Now yes, I do understant that it is just the bottom part of the paper, but for someone who prints out several documents on a monthly basis, it really becomes a problem when I have to keep in mind spacing my document a few paragraphs, sometimes mid-sentence, a few times toward the bottom of each page.

Do you all know of anything I can do to fix this? Thank you for your time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kslavkov
Apprentice

On the page for print choose fit  and you'll see that the printed area is inside of bottom margin. I tried so many another settings but nothing help, only when I chose fit the page is printed full.

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

The issue may be related to the PDF file itself.  Try adjusting the options in the "Page Sizing & Handling" section of the Acrobat print menu to see if this will help.

If the issue persists, you may have to look into getting the item resized for printing on 8.5x11 paper.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thats bollocks........This is because its a pile of crap...........I have had this problem and sooooo many problems with this piece of SHI* never buy another one.....!!!!

CANON.... LOOK AT THE NUMBER OF VIEWS!!!! OVER 5500.....YOU HAVE A BLOODY PROBLEM!!!! SORT IT OUT!!!.

Shaz
Apprentice
Hi, Michael. Thanks for your reply, but it's as I said, I've had no problem printing this before. If it helps, any document I make in open office does the exact same thing, as any picture, webpage printout, documents, everything. It's not just the print preview that I'm having the problem with, it's the final print, too. No matter what page size I have or resolution, they will look just like the images I put up in the initial post.

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

What a bloody cop out, FIX THE BLOODY PROBLEM!!!

This is because its a pile of crap...........I have had this problem and sooooo many problems with this piece of SHI* never buy another one.....!!!!

Why is it this bloody useless company cant sort the problem, IT BLOODY INFURIATING!!!

Blbenson
Apprentice
I'm having the same problem. The mg2520 won't print full page. I also have mg3500 and it will allow for full page printing. There is some type of glitch in the2520
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements