cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma 512: How to unjam paper. I can't see anything. How to open the case?

gerflash
Apprentice

6 REPLIES 6

Ramona
Authority

Hi gerflash,

There are several methods to remove a paper jam from the PIXMA MX512, depending on where the jam is located.  Please click on the link below to view instructions on how to remove paper jams from the printer:

http://bit.ly/V83Hju

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have a MX512 - the printer is saying there is a rear cover paper jammed. I have tried everything. There is no paper anywhere.... How can this be fixed.

How to unjam paper. I can't see anything. How to open the case. I keep getting a message saying:

"ERROR REAR COVER THE PAPER IS JAMMED. IF A MEMORY CARD IS INSERTED REMOVE IT, THEN CLEAR THE PAPER JAM & SELECT OK"

I cleared the paper jam (much as could see) & push OK but the message keeps appearing.  PLEASE HELP!!!  

There is part of a sheet of paper jammed in the back of my MX512. How do I get it out?

Thanks

Never mind. Fixed it! 

Had to flip the machine over and remove the orange tape holding the drum (!) done. Once removed, I could flip the drum up and remove the errant paper. Works now! 

Iqbal
Apprentice

The power cannot be turned off when the machine is sending or receiving a fax, or when a fax is received or unsent faxes stored in the memory of the machine.

Make sure that the machine has finished sending or receiving all of the fax before removing the power cord.
If you unplug the power cord, all the faxes stored in memory of the machine is removed.

If you need to turn off the engine to remove the paper jammed during printing, press the Stop button to cancel printing assignments before turning off the machine.

1. turn off the machine, and unplug the power cord of the machine from the power source.

2. Open the document cover and cover ink.

3. Make sure that the paper jammed not under anchoring the print head.
If the jammed paper is under the anchoring the print head, move the print head to the bearer the right bank or left bank any easier to eject the paper. When you move print head beam, hold the top of anchoring the print head and slide gently onto the right bank or left bank.

4. Hold the paper that is jammed with your hands.

5. Pull the paper slowly not to tear it up, then pull the paper out.

6. Make sure that all of the paper jam has been removed.

7. Close the cover of the ink and the closing documents.
All tasks are queued for printing. Reprint if necessary.

Note
When the load paper again, make sure that you use the appropriate paper to print and load correctly. If the message of paper jam displayed on the LCD of the machine or on the computer screen when you resume printing after removing all paper jammed, rupture of the paper may be left inside the machine. In this case, make sure that there is no rupture of paper left inside the machine.

If you are pleased. Did this article help you to solve the problem on your printer?

Iqbal 

Announcements