cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photo paper moves side to side when printing on PIXMA MX922

mclark4013
Apprentice

I have a new Pixma MX922 printer and when printing 4x6 photos the paper moves side to side during the last inch or so of printing.  I have tried different photo paper with the same result, currently have Canon Photo Paper Plus Glossy II in the printer.  The paper seems to start moving side to side when it makes contact with the Paper Output Tray.  I am using the Canon software to print my photos. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ramona
Authority

Hi mclark4013,

To try and prevent the paper from shifting, we can enable the prevent paper abrasion setting on the printer.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Press the MENU button.

2. Select SETUP, then press the OK button.

3. Select DEVICE SETTINGS, then press the OK button. The Device Settings screen is displayed.

4. Use the up/down arrow buttons to select PRINT SETTINGS, then press the OK button.

5. Use the up/down arrow buttons to select the PREVENT PAPER ABRASION setting, then press the OK button.

6. Use the up/down arrow buttons to select ON, then press the OK button.

Please attempt to print again.  Once printing is completed, please be sure to turn this setting back to OFF.

Should you still experience difficulty, we ask that you please call 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays) for further assistance.  A Canon technical support representative will be happy to help.  There is no charge for this call.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Ramona
Authority

Hi mclark4013,

To try and prevent the paper from shifting, we can enable the prevent paper abrasion setting on the printer.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Press the MENU button.

2. Select SETUP, then press the OK button.

3. Select DEVICE SETTINGS, then press the OK button. The Device Settings screen is displayed.

4. Use the up/down arrow buttons to select PRINT SETTINGS, then press the OK button.

5. Use the up/down arrow buttons to select the PREVENT PAPER ABRASION setting, then press the OK button.

6. Use the up/down arrow buttons to select ON, then press the OK button.

Please attempt to print again.  Once printing is completed, please be sure to turn this setting back to OFF.

Should you still experience difficulty, we ask that you please call 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays) for further assistance.  A Canon technical support representative will be happy to help.  There is no charge for this call.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

It worked, thanks!

Not sure why that setting needs to be changed to print 4x6 photos properly.  Also, it doesn't appear that anyone else has the same problem.

Same thing happened to me, I have a Canon ip8720. I went through a lot of what was in there Trouble Shooting Manual and nothing worked. Then I went online and found the answer on this site, thank you ...... it work's very well, this one I will not forget soon.

alikay7
Apprentice
I also have this issue with my TS8320 printer. I turned on the feature that solved your problem, but it’s still shifting the last inch of the 4x6 glossy photo paper. 😔

Hi alikay7,

If enabling the Prevent Paper Abrasion did not correct the shifting of the 4x6 paper, try performing a roller cleaning. This will restore the grip of the paper feed rollers, so that paper doesn't slip as readily on them.  You may also wish to try flattening out the photo paper before loading it into the printer; it's not uncommon for paper to have what is typically a minor curl to it.

Printer was brand new.

The paper was new also, right out of the package.  Nice and flat.

Announcements