Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Re: PIXMA mx922 prints blurry.

Thank you for sharing this solution. It fixed the blurry text problem that has been driving me crazy. On my PIXMA922, I set to Business Document, High Resolution Paper and High Quality for the best results. It slows down the print job, but it's worth it to get sharp, clear text.

So, special kudos to you!!! Smiley Happy

New Contributor

I have the same problem two lines fairly clear and three/four lines double. Print on matt photo paper works - but slow- presumably forcing printer to avoid main black ink tank and print head. So maybe large print head needs cleaning although Canon say it needs to be sent to a service centre- cost more than printer is worth. Don't think Canon ar being very honest. 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

As far as I can tell, Canon hasn't made any information available to consumers re. how to clean the print head.  I had problems with the print head on one unit and ended up simply replacing the printer.

Phillip M. Feldman

Home Page: http://phillipmfeldman.org

New Contributor

I have a similar problem. Mine is a Pixma MX 925 (sold in the UK) Is that similar? Mine prints 2 lines nicely and crisply then 2 lines of a broader font then back to the crisp print. And selecting glossy photo paper fixes it. But it is very unsatisfactory. Surely if it alternates every 2 lines it must be a software problem rather than a blocked printing nozzle?

What make shall I get next time?

New Contributor

I had this exact problem, and finally fixed it by cleaning the printhead, as shown in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEkKGBUSwNg.  Basically, I flushed the printhead with warm/hot water, making sure not to get the electrical parts wet, and resting the print head on soft paper to help clear all the ink from the head.  24 hour laters (after it dried well), magic!!!

Note that I was ready to put the printer in the garbage, so I didn't mind trying the experiment.  You might not want to risk it.