cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TS3122 Scanner won't work

RusevDay
Apprentice

It prints just fine, but the scanner doesn't work. At first, the scan utility was not available at all. Reinstalling the software took care of that, but now I get an error message that states "Cannot communicate with printer." 

6 REPLIES 6

Jason
Whiz

Hi, RusevDay!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know the version of Windows or Mac in use, as well as if you are using the USB or wireless connection.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help via Email at http://Canon.us/SupportCF

Thanks!

Jason,

Thank you for your response. It's an HP laptop with Windows 10. I have tried both the wireless and USB connections.

Hi, is there a solution to this. I'm having the same issue.

Hi. The following response that a Canon rep sent me has solved the problem:

To resolve your issue, let's uninstall and then reinstall the printer driver by completing the following:

1. Use Windows+R to display Run. Then, input appwiz.cpl and click OK.

2. Right Click the TS3100 Series driver, click Uninstall, and then follow the prompts to complete the process.

If the driver is not seen, please proceed to install the latest driver. After the driver is uninstalled, please click here to access our Drivers and Downloads website. Download and install TS3100 series Full Driver & Software Package option in the Drivers section.

To download the file, click the Select button, then press the Download button. Next, click on the downloaded file and follow the prompts to install the driver. After this file is installed, the printer will be ready for use.

Ramona
Authority

Hello,

If you have any antivirus or firewall programs installed on your computer, please temporarily disable them and then attempt to scan again, as these programs can sometimes block the scanning process.  If you are still unable to scan, please turn off the printer, unplug the power cord and leave it out for at least 5 minutes, then plug it back in and turn it back on and attempt to scan again.  Should you still experience difficulty, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for further assistance. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

AboutCanon
Apprentice

What a crapy little printer. The scanner wont work. And every time I want to print I have to reinstal the printter. How can you guys sell suche a bad product? Never had any trouble with any otehr printer. Ths one, a nighmare!!!!

Announcements