cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA Mp800 - No longer printing black

hidestar
Apprentice

We have had this printer for a few years and it has always worked well but recently it has stopped printing black.  I have done all of the cleanings, changed the toner, changed the type of toner but still no luck.  Any ideas?  

19 REPLIES 19

Ramona
Authority

Hello hidestar,

Since you have performed multiple cleanings as well as have replaced the ink in the printer and the black ink still does not print, it is possible that the printer will require servicing to resolve the issue.  We ask that you please use the Contact Us link below to contact our technical support team to determine if the printer will require servicing, and obtain servicing options as needed.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have a strange issue with my PIXMA MP800 which is if I try to print text based files no black will print, but if I print from Photoshop it works.  Word files and Adobe PDFs do not print black unless I print them as an image, not text.  Please let me know if you have any idea how to fix this.  Thank you! 

Hello hishambharoocha.

First, a test of the printer should be performed.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1.  Press the Open button to open the output tray.

2.  Load letter-sized plain paper in the auto sheet feeder or the cassette.

3.  Press the Menu button.

4.  Press the left or right cursor to select Maintenance/Settings, then press OK.

5.  Press the left or right cursor to select Maintenance, then press OK.

6.  Press the down cursor to select Nozzle check, then press the OK.

7.  Press the up cursor to select Yes, then press OK. (The nozzle check pattern is printed.)

Please compare your printout with the example that has been attached to this message.  If they are different, printhead cleanings will have to be performed.

MP800 Nozzle Check.jpg

To perform cleanings, please follow these steps:

1.  Press Menu.

2.  Press the right cursor to select Maintenance/Settings, then press OK.

3.  Press the right cursor to select Maintenance, then press OK.

4.  Press the down cursor to select Deep Cleaning, then press the OK.

Perform 2 cleanings and then print a Nozzle Check again.  If the Nozzle Check does not improve, feel free to call us at 1-800-OKCANON for additional assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for the reply.  All inks EXCEPT the PGBK ink print perfectly.  The PGBK does not print at all.  I did the deep cleaning and it still does not print anything.  Any suggestions on what is going on or how to fix this?  Thank you in advance.  

I have exactly the same problem. The PGBK cartridge does not print when I do a nozzle check. Jpeg files print ok in black&white but Word/Excel do not!!  I changed the PGBK cartridge but ..... same problem. Anybody can help??

What could be the reason for  the PGBK cartridge not printing in my test (Hoops) and the other messager.?  My printer prints OK for picture files (as does his) and prints B&W pics perfectly as well so it doesn't seem to be the nozzle. It has something to do with the interaction between the Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc) and the printer. If I hook my laptop to another printer (a Brother) it seems to work fine.  Any suggestions on how to solve my Canon problem would be much appreciated; the MP800 is a good machine and I hate to think of having to throw it out

Hi Hoops!

If the above troubleshooting did not solve the issue, then you'll want to contact your local Canon support team.

The Canon Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click here and select your country or region for your support needs.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

I am having the same problem with my Pixma MP800 not printing black.  I had noticed that before it quit most of the ink was more of a grey than black.  All other colors perform well.   Did anyone get a satisfactory answer or fix for this problem? 

Yes  - I bought a new printer - the cost to fix was basically the same to buy a new on

Announcements