cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX922 with error code B200 (Series MX920)

gnc
Contributor
How do you clear the B200 Support Code on my Printer? I can't do anything with the printer until the B200 code is removed and does not pop up as soon as I power up the printer. AND what causes the B200 code to be active all of a sudden?? My printer is no longer in warranty, but has worked fine until this code issue appeared all of a sudden! Your nearest service center is over 250 miles away----hardly worth while to keep printer if no "work a round" is provided, and I doubt I'd buy another Canon if this issue is not resolved!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

gnc
Contributor
I found how to remove & replace the print head (after cleaning it up a bit), but I still get the B200 Support Code. Does this mean I must buy a new print head???

View solution in original post

155 REPLIES 155

Agreed.  Same here.  Printer won't do anything with the "doors" open

I don't know how this can possibly happen because as soon as the printer is initiated the red warning light comes on along with the error message and the cradle as well as the printer won't function whatsoever.  As well, as soon as you open those doors it really doesn't like it and sends off even more alarms stating the doors are open and it will refuse to go any further.  So I don't know how you are performing these steps, because MY printer won't let you!

tking
Apprentice
Just wondering if you saw this post.
Dec 7
This worked for me. Power off,power on, allowed the printer to cycle through start up with cartridge door open. Released all the ink cartridges,reengage the ink cartridges. Printed pages with no error code.

Thanks! Yes, I tried that several times, cleaned teh print head twice... I think the print head is dead. I've been working on it for hours, power cycling etc.

Melapry74
Apprentice
After trying everything I could do (including calling Canon support, who suggested replacing print head at a high cost, no less), nothing worked. I tried what you said. I figured, it couldn't hurt. IT WORKED! And so simple, too! Thank you!!

None of this has worked.  I tried unplugging, releasing the ink cartridges, stopping it half way through the cycle.

Melapry74
Apprentice
After trying everything I could do (including calling Canon support, who suggested replacing print head at a high cost, no less), nothing worked. I tried what you said. I figured, it couldn't hurt. IT WORKED! And so simple, too! Thank you!! This is re: turning power of and letting ink cartridges move to left...

bazioto
Apprentice

llll

My experience

I have the Canon MX925…

Superb printer although a bit slow for those in harry …
Last afternoon suddenly it stopped working with a message B200.
I was in distress because I wanted to do a lot of work.
I did read a lot here and elsewhere on methods to solve the problem. Most were ridiculous …
Eventually I went a bit boldly for the attack !!!
I took out the printer head and after I cleaned it a bit with alcohol I put it under running hot water - NOT too hot.
I kept it under the tap turning it over and over till the water turned clear.
I wiped it up, waited a bit and placed it back… with the ink cartridges.
NOTHING !!! B200 AGAIN… Great disappointment…
Yet the hope dies last.
After some trials I opened the cover and started the printer with the cover open…
THEN things started moving…
Step by step the printer came to life and printed at its best… OUAOU…
If this was helpful you will know by repeating it…

NOTE: DON’T RASH to throw the printer out and never agree with some idiots who advise you that the B200 Code shows the printer is basically unreparable or too costly to repair…

**bleep**! My almost new MX922 is now being recycled by Goodwill Industries. I believed the Canon Help rep who said it couldn't be fixed. Thank you anyway!

No the CANON rep wanted business... His reply was WRONG ...
Announcements