07-08-2017 01:20 PM
Solved! Go to Solution.
07-08-2017 03:34 PM
07-31-2017 08:16 PM
i just experienced this today, 7/31/17, with my Pixma MX922 and resolved it as follows:
1) Removed print head per - ( https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART143853 ). Make sure the print head is aligned correctly with the front frame to be able to completely pull forward the bar with the ink cartridge colors, this released the print head.
2) Taped over the gold contacts with 'scotch' tape to seal them off from water or ink contamination
3) Placed print head under directional faucet to avoid wetting the gold contact area. Flushed the inside and bottom for about 10 minutes until little or no color came out using warm to medium hot water, This really took a lot longer than I expected, lots & lots of old ink, so be patient...
4) Reassembeled print head and installed ink cartridges.
5) Powered up printer, got error code B200.
6) Full power cycle, turn machine off with button, pulled power cord and waited 30-60 seconds. Plugged back in and powered on, no error code.
7) Printed printer test... All Good
This worked for me, so good luck... I priced replacement print heads at $50ish for ebay refurbished to $94 for new. Amazon shows the complete new printer for $96 Prime (free shipping) so I figured it was worth a try.
08-01-2017 02:46 PM - edited 08-01-2017 02:50 PM
09-29-2017 02:31 PM
11-16-2017 01:06 AM
Please try performing at least one cleaning and two deep cleanings on the printer by following the steps shown here to try and resolve the issue of the blank pages printing. If you still experience difficulty, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for further assistance. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.
12-07-2017 09:46 PM
12-17-2017 07:27 PM - edited 12-17-2017 07:28 PM
Hello Canon support,
I also have this issue. It happened about a year ago, I went thru these steps and the issues was resolved. Now it's happened again, I went through the same steps, but it's not resolving the issue. I am unable to run any cleanings etc. The printer doesn't have an error until I try to print or do any maintainace on it. How do I verify that I need a new print head and do you have a part number for this? Other Suggestions? I am also out of warranty. thanks much, Lori
12-17-2017 08:00 PM