cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX922 giving generic "error" message

PFR291
Apprentice

I picked up a new MX922 Saturday, and last night (Tuesday) it shut down.

I use refilled cartridges, and I thought that that was the problem, but the unit itself gave me a message that I had a paper jam.  It was indefinite about where the jam was, and I checked all possibilities; the last sheet that printed was not missing any part, so if it's jammed, it's jammed internally.

After having checked it thoroughly -- I unplugged it and checked every possible spot -- I plugged it in again and restarted it.  Now, the printer gives me no message at all, and the print monitor on the PC simply shows "Printing -- Error".  It does not attempt to pick up paper from the drawer,

I've had the thing for three days.  The irony here is that I got it as a replacement for an earlier Canon printer that had broken down but was on replacement warranty from Micro Center.

I've tried using the Tech Support through email, but they're already suggesting that maybe I should send it in for a replacement, for it.

It printed fine on Saturday, Sunday and Monday.I printed standard black ink documents, got it to talk to my laptop via the wireless connection, printed a couple of photographs.  I was happy with it.  How can it so inexplicably crash so fast?

Thoughts, anyone?  Is it sabotaging my use of refilled cartridges after having let me use them for three days?  Can I bypass that?  Is it possible there's an invisible, internal paper jam?

Help, please.

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements