cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX860 Not printing Black, shows full

brucefl56
Apprentice

Trying to help a friend out. They have a MX860 series. They put new black cartridges in, and they show full. Tried taking them out and shaking them and putting them back in. Did the duty cleanings. It will scan and send to the pc a picture correctly. Trying to copy just black is a blank page. Color will print. I am attaching a picture of the Nozzle check, which shows the black printing on the check. I have tried typing something in MS works, no luck. Almost seems it is trying to print white. Is there a setting somewhere I am missing? Is there a factory reset for the computer? Does not work any different from the computer or just using it as a copier. thanks Brucecanonmx860.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi brucefl56,

The nozzle check from your PIXMA MX860 should appear as below:

MX860 Nozzle Check.jpg

Please make sure that the larger black ink tank contains ink, replacing it as necessary.

Once that has been checked, please perform a few printhead cleanings:

1. Press the MENU button on your PIXMA MX860.

2. Select Maintenance then press the OK button.

3. Press <OK> to select Maintenance.

4. Select Deep Cleaning and press OK.

5. Press OK to select Yes.

The Deep cleaning will be performed. After 2 or 3 cleanings, print another test page.

The black grid should now print at the top of your nozzle check.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Those directions helped me out today. I had to perform the deep cleaning a couple of times and then it worked.  Thanks so much!

Announcements