cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX495: only "ON"-light works/keeps glowing, but that´s it

nikonik
Apprentice

Hey dear canon community!

First of all: thank you. I´ve been quite a fan of your printers since it pretty much carried me through my studies, so I lately convinced my mother to get a canon printer aswell. It worked fine for half a year at first, but suddenly it doesn´t respond to anything anymore.

The only thing it does when you turn it on is making the "ON"-light glow, that´s it. It doesn´t respond when I press menu keys, it can´t be turned off when I hold the on-button and neither my mobile phone nor my pc (via USB cable) can find the printer, no warning lights, no error messages (there´s nothing on the LCD-screen aswell). What troubles me a bit is that it doesn´t even make a single sound when you turn it on, the "ON"-button is pretty much just a light switch for the "ON" light...which can lateron only be turned off by unplugging the printer.

I hope it´s no hardware issue, but I can´t remember treating it harshly in any way

thanks for reading!

2 REPLIES 2

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello,

Try turning the printer off and unplug the power from the unit.  Leave the unit unplugged for about a half hour.  Once this time frame has passed, plug the power back in and see if the unit will power on an allow you to perform copies or printouts.

If the issue persists, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Didn´t work, I´ll contact the support group then

thank you for the quick answer! Robot Happy

Announcements