cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX 892 where can I find WPS?

nanako168phd
Apprentice

My printer does not work suddenly. PIXMA MX 892, the message says, "Push WPS button for 5 seconds " but I could not find where it is located. It seems that my printer does not detect the wireless. I very much appreciate if someone would let me know where WPS is.

4 REPLIES 4

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello. 

The WPS button is not on the printer.  This button would be located on your router itself.

If your router does not have a clearly marked 'WPS' button, please press the STOP button on the printer during the WPS phase and perform the Standard connection process.

If you need additional assistance, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you very much for your reply. I will follow your instruction. 

I tried to push a button on my router and the only one I felt turned out to be the reset button.  i feel like such an idiot but i still can't figure out where the wps button is on my router.  i now have an airport express which has no buttons.  at least i can't screw that up--easily!  im going to check apple support for help.

Please see the advice given by Michael above.

Use the "standard" connection process from the menu on the printer.  There is no WPS button on Apple APs.

I have a new Apple Airport and Standard is what I used.

Works fine.

Announcements