cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX 459 Error Code B200

vmcgregor
Apprentice

Hello All

I'm new to the group and have a questions some have probably seen a few times. I can't seem to locate info on it.

My PIXMA MX459 has 2 brand new Canon cartridges in it as of this morning.  For the first time since owning this printer I received an error code (B200 contact service center).

Is there a way to fix this from home?  I cant take it anywhere to have it fixed and in reality its probably cheaper to buy a new printer.

This printer has been very good to me for several years so I'd like to keep it going

Thanks for any info and help you can provide

V

PS:  I have done all the simple remove the cartridges, turn off, yada yada stuff 

VMAC
1 REPLY 1

B-C
Apprentice

Hi,

I'm new to this group as well and I have an MP620 which displayed the dreaded B200 error code.

There seems to be multiple reasons for this error but in my case it was a problem with one of the ink cartridges which I was able to fix.

I had recently replaced a magenta ink cartridge and that's when the error started showing up, but just intermittantly.  Then I started missing some magenta color when printing.  The B200 error got worse.   I took out the cartridge and looked at it very closely, and on the top of the cartridge, I noticed that some of the "tear off" yellow plastic tape that is removed when installing a new cartridge, was still attached to the cartridge.  These tear offs open a small air hole or air vent in the top of the cartridge to allow the ink to flow out of the cartridge properly.  If the air vent is blocked, there won't be enough ink to reach the print head and this is somehow detected in the printhead (overheating).  Once I had removed the remaining plastic tear-off and made sure the air vent was open (I used a sewing needle), the error is gone and magenta print color is normal.

You may want to check the air vents on the tops of all the cartridges just to be sure they are open and clear.

To temporarily reset the error, try this;  open the printer as if you were going to change ink, then turn the power on, wait for the cartridges to move left past the half way point around 3/4 across and simply shut the lid.

Good luck,

BC~

Announcements