cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MP 530 will not print with win7 64 PC

VicV50
Apprentice

My PIXMA MP 530 is connected via usb through a Linksys EA 6500 usb router. There are two PC's connected wired in this network. One uses Windows 7 32 bit and the other uses Windows 7 64bit. Cisco VUSB software is used to connect the two PCs to the printer. The Windows 7 32bit PC connects and prints fine but the 64bit PC says it is connected but will not print. I have updated the drivers and no luck. I have talked with Cisco tech service but couldnt resolve my problem and said I would need to buy a new printer. The 64bit PC does print when shared through the 32bit PC. Can this be fixed or go with a new printer?

1 REPLY 1

Karl1
Rising Star

Hi VlcV50,

If Linksys is saying the only way to fix the issue is to upgrade the printer, I would have to agree with them.  The PIXMA MP530 doesn't have it own built in networking capabilities, so in your case it's relying on the VUSB software from Linksys to do the networking job.  It sounds like either the VUSB software isn't compatible with the 64 bit version of Windows 7, or there is a limitation in their software in the 64 bit version that doesn't exist in the 32 bit version that is preventing the software from sending the printer information across the network.

Fortunately the vast majority of our current models have built in networking support so you can connect any of them to the router either via Ethernet or via WiFi if the printer doesn't have an ethernet connection or you prefer to use it wirelessly to save on cabling.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements