cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG5420: scanner doesn't work, get error message that driver will be closed 3 202 19

ellenrozsa
Contributor

For some reason, the scanner will not work.   Initially when I click on Autoscan on the PC menu  the message reads that the scanner is warming up.  Then I get an Error Message:  Internal Error Occurred Scanner Driver Will be Closed.  I don' t know what I'm doing wrong all of  a sudden.  There is only one computer in the network, mine, and I'm trying to scan from the 5420 via a USB cable into my HP laptop (Windows 8.1 64 bit).

Copying and printing work fine.  Where do I even start?

6 REPLIES 6

Ramona
Authority

Hi ellenrozsa,

The IJ Network Scanner Selector EX application will need to be running in order for you to scan wirelessly.  If the IJ Network Scanner Selector EX is running, its icon appears in the notification area of the taskbar as shown below:

figure: IJ Network Scanner Selector EX menu 

If the icon is not displayed in the notification area of the taskbar, please click IJ Network Scanner Selector EX on the Start screen.  If IJ Network Scanner Selector EX is not displayed on the Start screen, select the Search charm, then search for "IJ Network Scanner Selector EX".

In the notification area of the taskbar, right-click the IJ Network Scanner Selector EX icon and select Settings....

figure: IJ Network Scanner Selector EX menu

Select your scanner or printer from Scanners, then click the OK button.

figure: Scan-from-PC Settings screen 

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

pixma mx922. windows 10.network.After 6 months perfect function, scanner stopped working today, both directly and from desktop.Printer still works. Error message" Scangear internal error Code 3,302,19",

I found and clicked IJ Network scanner selector EX but no improvement.

WHAT NOW?

btw where on the page is "contact us"?

valentia

thelighthousegu
Apprentice

I have a Canon MX472 and I have had problem after problem with this machine. It will not scan 3 out of 4 times that I try. It gives me error code 3,202,19 and I can't figure out what to do. If I had any more money I would go back to HP products where I have faired a lot better. (Less problems and I get help quicker) thelighthousegu

Hi, thelighthousegu!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using and if you are connected via USB or WI-FI. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bitly.com/CanonEmail or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

Hello,
I have a multifunction Canon MG 5000 series.
The printer is connected with USB cable (the cable has been changed), the operating system is Windows 8.1, but the error message that the driver will be closed 19 3202 is always there.

amysway00
Apprentice

I never could figure out how to fix this issue with my windows 10 laptop running Chrome. However, during one of my many redownloads of the drivers I decided to try my phone. I downloaded the free app on my Android and had my scan complete before the download had barely gotten started on my computer. 

Good Luck!

Announcements