cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG5420 Printer not responding

sleazy1369
Apprentice

I set this printer up when i got it back in june it worked wireless in the hotel I was in. Now I am in another hotel and I get a printer not responding message. I plugged in USB cord and still get the message, print preview shows that printer is ready. When I first hit the print button a new driver was downloading. Any help would be greatly appreciated ! Thanx Steve

"Sleazy1369" canon PIXMA MG5420
6 REPLIES 6

Deborah
Enthusiast

Hi sleazy1369, we're glad to help.

There are a few possible causes of printing error occurring under a wireless or USB connection.  If the driver was downloading when pressing the print button, an interruption in the process and ability to print could occur.  However, please remove any print jobs that may be pending in the print queue, disconnect the USB cable (if still connected) and shut down both your computer and multifunction printer for 10 mins.

If you prefer to print wirelessly, please use the following link to Article: "Printer not responding (Wireless LAN)- MG5420 / MG5422" on the Canon USA product page for your product. Thee steps provided can be helpful in resolving the issue.

Once reaching the website, just enter the Article name in the FAQ Search box and press "Search" to retrieve the information.

However, if the issue remains or further assistance is needed, please feel free to Contact Us and we'll be happy to help you further.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have a similar problem ! i got the canon mg 5420 for christmas i just followed the setup by using the directions it comes with and i put my wireless wii home connection in my wylan setup i go to my pictures on my computere and everytiem i try to print a picture it says that it cannont connect to the printer?>?

Hi kblueyz176,

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know which operating system is running on your computer.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Bill_Williams
Apprentice

From a Windows 7 Home Edition laptop, I installed the MG5420 via wireless.  The laptop does "see" the printer and I can ping it.  However, the laptop cannot not send anything to the printer - but the Canon dialog box says that it is preparing to print.    

Trici914
Apprentice

The same thing happens to me too the only thing that sometimes helps is if I open the printer icon in the lower right corner and then run as administrator.  Another thing I have done is click on run even when offline because I keep getting the message that it is off line even when it is not.  

Hope that helps/

Albert_Danry
Contributor

@sleazy1369 wrote:

I set this printer up when i got it back in june it worked wireless in the hotel I was in. Now I am in another hotel and I get a printer not responding message. I plugged in USB cord and still get the message, print preview shows that printer is ready. When I first hit the print button a new driver was downloading. Any help would be greatly appreciated ! Thanx Steve

Firstly you check your dram. Remove the plastic paper. Then tried it cleaning then print. Other wish Your Canon ip2600 printer ink dram is some problems. You give some boil water ( 50 F-80 F) and put it some time. Then tried it cleaning then print. thanks
Source(s):
[link removed per forum guidelines]

Announcements