cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG2922

meki1231
Apprentice

How do I get this printer to print?  I am not using WiFi.

4 REPLIES 4

John_B
Rising Star

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/CanonEmail or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

meki1231
Apprentice

I am using Windows 10

Ramona
Authority

Hi meki1231,

To get the printer to print, you will first need the drivers installed on your computer.  The latest drivers for the printer can be downloaded from the Canon USA website here.  Once on the page, please do the following:

1. Verify that the operating system detected in the "OPERATING SYSTEM" field is correct, and if it is not, please click the drop-down menu to select your operating system. Please note that you may need to scroll up or down in the list to select your operating system.

2. Below the red box labeled "DRIVERS", locate the MP DRIVERS file, then click the SELECT button to the right of the filename. When you do, a red button will display labeled DOWNLOAD. Please click on the red DOWNLOAD button to begin the file download.

3. Once the MP DRIVERS have been downloaded, please temporarily disable any antivirus or firewall software that may be on your computer and then double-click on the file and follow the prompts to install the drivers on your computer. The reason we have you temporarily disable the protection software is because sometimes it prevents the printer from being detected and installed successfully. Once the printer is installed successfully, the protection software can be re-enabled.

Once the drivers are installed, you can go to the FILE MENU in any application you are trying to print from and select the PRINT option to bring up the print dialog box and print to the printer.  Alternatively, you can also press the CTRL+P keys on your keyboard to bring up the print dialog box.

Should you need further assistance, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative at one of the methods provided here. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

My PIXMA MG2922 printed and scanned using Wifi perfectly fine until we had to change our router which changed our internet our internet username and password changed, we finally got the printer to work again using a USB but the scanner keeps giving this error message.... 'The printer could not be detected. Search for new printer?' but when I search for a new printer it gives me this error 'The printer could not be detected. Please confirm the following: the network settings are correct, the printer is turned on, the printer is not used from another computer'. I think it has something to do with the internet, it says its connected but I think it is connected to the old internet. Is this something you can help with...I just need the scanner to start working again 😞 I am using Windows 7 64 bit

Announcements