cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA 922 Unable to pick up paper from lower tray

sewell
Apprentice

I recently purchased the PIXMA 922 and have been having issues printing.  I have put standard Staples copy paper in the lower tray.  When I go to print it will sometimes print a page or two, then it gives me "Support Code 1008" error saying there is no paper.  I have to open the lower tray, readjust the paper a bit, hit ok.  At that point its about a 40% chance of printing another page or two, otherwise it thinks again and then gives the same error.  It makes it almost impossible to print anything more then a couple pages since every few pages is spending a few minutes going back and forth with the printer.  Did I get a lemon?  Is there something I missed that would make it so the printer can't pick up the paper?  Before I return the printer I wanted to try to get some assistance.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello sewell.

If the paper has been loaded correctly and the error persists, additional troubleshooting will have to be done to narrow down the cause of your issue.  Please contact our support group using the link below for additional assistance.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28

Hi DiogoPassarinho,

What is the exact issue that you are experiencing with your PIXMA MX922?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Daverg
Apprentice

I am having the same problem. Printer will not recognize paper in the tray at all. How do I fix this? 

I'm having the same problem. I just bought and set up the brand new printer, and it immediately gave me the message that there is no paper in the tray, even though it was full of paper. I removed a few sheets, just in case it was overloaded (though it was not loaded up to the top of the space for paper). 

It printed the one page that I needed, so I assumed maybe it just can't handle a full tray. But now it gives me the same message with this reduced amount of paper in the tray, so that doesn't seem to be the solution.

I think I may have found the problem! At least for me.

I was using Letter size paper, but the slider in the feed tray was set to A4 size, so the stack of paper was not in the right position for the rollers to make contact with it. Now that I've slid the end to LTR instead of A4, it is printing OK so far.

I believe this is primarily the driver problem. Either try the latest Canon drivers or switch to free Gutenprint. My MX922 printer started working again after I changed the driver to Gutenprint. None of the paper size tricks or reinstalling the printer worked. 

My Pixma 922 will not use paper in bottom tray.  It states "there is no paper in the upper tray.  Please load and try again."

I do NOT want to use the top tray.  I am trying to print an 81/2 x 11 paper from the bottom tray.

What can I do to make it use the bottome tray???

Hi mcholt2010,

To resolve this, please place paper in the lower cassette, making sure that the photo paper or plain paper such as A4, B5, A5, 8" x 10" (20 x 25 cm), Letter, or Legal, or envelopes are loaded.

For more information regarding loading paper, please view the following page from the On Line Manual of your PIXMA MX922:

http://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/Manual/W/MX920%20series/EN/BG/Bg-Loading1400.html

When the paper is in place, align the paper guides with the both edges of the paper and the press the OK button to dismiss the error.

Once set, please make sure that the printer driver is set to the lower tray:

***Windows***

1.  Click the Windows Start button in the lower left hand corner and then the Windows System folder.

2.  Click on Control Panel.

3.  Click on View devices and printers.

4.  Right click the PIXMA MX922 and left click on Printing Preferences.

5.  Click on the Main tab.

6.  Please set the Media Type to Plain Paper and the Paper Source to Cassette.

7.  Click Apply and then OK.

***Mac OS X***

1.  Open your item that you wish to print.

2.  Click on File and then Print.

3.  Click Show Details.

4.  Select your paper from the Paper Size drop down menu.

5.  Select Quality & Media from the drop down menu.

6.  Select your type of paper from the Media Type drop down menu.

7.  Choose Cassette from the Paper Source menu.

Please attempt to print.

If you are printing from a Android or Apple device, please make sure you have the Canon Print Inkjet/Selphy app installed.

This did not fix the problem. I have tried everything. If you do a search on this, there are tons and tons of people having this exact same issue and this guy keeps repeating the same thing that does not fix the problem. Definition of insanity maybe? Too bad too this printer was my favorite I've owned until this not loading paper problem. I've even pulled the tray out to watch the rollers engage rarely.

Hi travismeek,

If the rollers are not engaging, your printer will require service. If your printer is less than a year old and you have a copy of the printers receipt, please contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST(excluding holidays). 

If your printer is out of warranty, you can take the printer to any repair shops in your area to fix the printer. You also qualify for the Canon Upgrade Program.

This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8 AM to midnight EST. Let them know you have been working with technical support and that the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

This was also the correct fix for me ! Thanks.
Announcements