cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA 922 Unable to pick up paper from lower tray

sewell
Apprentice

I recently purchased the PIXMA 922 and have been having issues printing.  I have put standard Staples copy paper in the lower tray.  When I go to print it will sometimes print a page or two, then it gives me "Support Code 1008" error saying there is no paper.  I have to open the lower tray, readjust the paper a bit, hit ok.  At that point its about a 40% chance of printing another page or two, otherwise it thinks again and then gives the same error.  It makes it almost impossible to print anything more then a couple pages since every few pages is spending a few minutes going back and forth with the printer.  Did I get a lemon?  Is there something I missed that would make it so the printer can't pick up the paper?  Before I return the printer I wanted to try to get some assistance.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello sewell.

If the paper has been loaded correctly and the error persists, additional troubleshooting will have to be done to narrow down the cause of your issue.  Please contact our support group using the link below for additional assistance.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28

Yes, I realized Chrome was sending the job to the wrong tray!!

WhyCanonWhy
Apprentice
Is this really supposed to be this difficult. I get it 100%! It prints.....3 sheets of paper in 6 months. I'll never get this time back I've wasted with this printer. And If your wondering I'm not stumped at all, it's the printer itself that's the problem and all you can do is create a band aid or work around instead of recalling the item. My Father got this as a gift for my health issues and this has caused health issues just by owning it. Load up one tray and the other tray is an issue. You maybe print 2 sheets of paper and I guess it gives up after that as it needs to have different or the same setting with the paper size, paper tray and the software within has to be set to a different setting so it don't confuse itself and maybe just maybe you can squeeze out something. - I for sure got a Lemon and as I see thousands of posts it's seems like you either got one that works or it doesn't!

Hi WhyCanonWhy,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Lpottenger
Apprentice

My mx922 has recently been giving this error.  No matter what type of paper I load, it is unable to load paper from lower tray.  Is there any maintenance or troubleshooting I can do to fix?

Hi Lpottenger,

The error caused by:

1.  There is no paper in the cassette (lower).

2.  The paper source is incorrect.

3.  Paper is not loaded properly.

To resolve this, please place paper in the lower cassette, making sure that the photo paper or plain paper such as A4, B5, A5, 8" x 10" (20 x 25 cm), Letter, or Legal, or envelopes are loaded.

For more information regarding loading paper, please view the following page from the On Line Manual of your PIXMA MX922:

http://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/Manual/W/MX920%20series/EN/BG/Bg-Loading1400.html

When the paper is in place, align the paper guides with the both edges of the paper and the press the OK button to dismiss the error.

Once set, please make sure that the printer driver is set to the lower tray:

***Windows***

1.  Click the Windows Start button in the lower left hand corner and then the Windows System folder.

2.  Click on Control Panel.

3.  Click on View devices and printers.

4.  Right click the PIXMA MX922 and left click on Printing Preferences.

5.  Click on the Main tab.

6.  Please set the Media Type to Plain Paper and the Paper Source to Cassette.

7.  Click Apply and then OK.

***Mac OS X***

1.  Open your item that you wish to print.

2.  Click on File and then Print.

3.  Click Show Details.

4.  Select your paper from the Paper Size drop down menu.

5.  Select Quality & Media from the drop down menu.

6.  Select your type of paper from the Media Type drop down menu.

7.  Choose Cassette from the Paper Source menu.

Please attempt to print.

Please attempt to print.

Tbone2
Apprentice
Same thing happen to me also tonight I was getting so upset. So I was reading some post and came across yours and it was a life saver... Thank You it was the same thing I was doing..

wriley
Apprentice

I've been struggling with this recently and none of the other solutions on this forum seemed to be working. Just now, I tried gently pushing the paper to the back of the slot with my finger and holding it there until the printer finally took the first piece, and from there it decided to work. Posting this in case it helps anyone else

Minion
Apprentice

I have tried all of these so,unions multiple times over the last 10 months and nothing corrects this.  The printer was only a few months old when it started doing this.  I use it to print mostly 4-H things for my 4-H club but have had to get everyone to print th8ngs for me this year.  How can I get this to work? 

vivgirl
Apprentice

I have had my MX922 for about a year.  Almost every time I print more than a few pages one will get stuck at the back of the bottom drawer.  Now I am getting en error code of 1008 that there is no paper in the tray.  The tray is full. I cannot copy or print anything.  The last thing that happened was a page got jammed in the back of the bottom drawer.  I pulled it out.  It came out whole. I checked to see if there were any pieces anyhow.  There is nothing.

Announcements