cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our 6 month old Cannon Pixma MG5320 died, won't come on at all.

RobL
Apprentice

Cannon Pixma MG5320 stopped working. I sent two pages to pring, the first printed then the light when tou on the ON button. Tried a lamp and there is power to the plug-in. But, no light when you press the ON button. Is there a breaker or something we can press to get it back to life. It is only 6 months old and was fairly expensive. I hate to think that it is dead for good.

59 REPLIES 59

Hi ostoughton,

Please follow these steps to resolve this issue:

1.  Please confirm other devices plugged into the electrical outlet power on.  At this time, please do not disconnect the printer at the electrical outlet.  If there is an empty electrical slot, plug in a lamp to make sure the outlet is working.

2.  Disconnect the power cord completely at the back of the printer.

3.  Please push the power cord back into the receptacle ensuring that the cord is pushed in as far as it will go.

4.  Pull the cord and see if it easily slips out from the connector or if it seems secure.

5.  If the machine does not power on automatically, press the ON/OFF button.

6.  If the machine does not power on after the power cord was pushed in all the way at the back of the printer and the ON/OFF button was pressed, please unplug the power cord from the machine and leave it unplugged for no less than 20 minutes.

7.  Please then reconnect the power cord, ensuring that the cord is pushed in as far as it will go.

8.  Press the ON/OFF button. 

If your PIXMA MG5520 still does not power on, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I think everyone on this thread has probably tried those steps multiple times, and I have yet to see that it worked for anyone. For myself, I have already long ago replaced the printer with an HP product and the Canon has been recycled. It would be nice if canaon actually FIXED what is clearly a design/engineering problem but doesn't matter to me as i won't be buying any more Canons.

I agree with you, they keep giving everybody the same steps to fix the problem but it doesn't fix it. They need to man up and realize it is a product issue that should have been recalled. It is too bad, I really loved Canon products until they had all their problems and they won't stand behind it.

Same problem here.  Following the leave it unplugged and then plug back in solution did not work.  If the canon reps writing to this thread were authorized to in any way acknowledge that this model is faulty, I might consider staying with canon, but since they clearly just have a boilerplate response that is known to not resolve the problem, it is time for me to find a new manufacturer.

Sorry Canon, but honesty really is the best policy.

Perhaps we should all be posting about this on forums outside the Canon community

My canon mg5350 just stopped working the time I really needed it. Have had it for 2.5years since Mid 2015 and also a 2008 HP photosmart since May 2008. The HP works and it is 7 years older! Ink is less expensive and lasts longer unlike canon. Canon 2 prints later it empties out. 

Apparently they haven't fixed the problem all these years. Same issue here. Tried everything, the printer is dead. I seldom use it, and fortunately did not puerchase a lot of cartridges like some of the other users. I'll be switching to Brother.

WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO UNDERSTAND THAT YOUR SOLUTION TO FIX IT DOES NOT WORK. YOUR PRODUCT HAS A FAULTY ISSUE THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN RECALLED AND FOR WHAT REASON YOU WON'T STAND BEHIND IT. YOU ARE LOSING A LOT OF CUSTOMERS BECAUSE OF THIS. I HOPE THIS IS ALL WORTH YOUR REPUTATION THAT YOU RUINED FOR YOURSELVES.

I might be a little belated, but I do have the same problem with my mg5340. It's on the third set of cartridges and is 4 years old. 

The best assistance I have received fron Canon in South Africa is "bring it in for a service" and "I do'nt know". Not very intelligent and helpfull. Brother provided my son in law with a reset code, wich worked. They did advise him that if that fails then it will need a service. If that is the case, then the servicing cost and parts will not be able to justify a repair. Maybe this is what Canon wants?

Thought I had to add to this thread as the same as just happened to me, but with a bit of a strange twist.

I bought a Canon Pixma MG5320 & a Canon Pixma iX6550 on the same day. Got them home and set them up, again on the same day. That was 3 or 4 years ago.

The MG5320 I have used almost every day during that time, the iX6550 (an A3 printer) very rarely. Well a couple of weeks ago I turned on the MG5320 and up popped the B200 error (I think relating to the print heads). Never mind I thought, I can load some A4 paper into the iX6550 and print from that. Guess what? The very same B200 error!!!! Conspiracy theories anybody?

Now what are the chances of that. One printer used frequently, one hardly at all, bought and set up on the same day and both throwing up the same error and breaking down on the same day. Would be interested to hear what Canon have to say about that.

Anyway, I found the work around for the error (unplug, open cover, turn back on, close before inks move fully to the left etc) and managed to print my document on the MG5320. It wouldn't work on the iX6550. Well the next day, the B200 error came up again. I tried the same work around, all seemed OK, until I started to print and ..... The power cut out and now I have 2 big black paper weights and about 10 sets of ink cartridges bought just before.

MoggyM,

Sorry to hear you fell victim to the same printer that should have been recalled along time ago. When I called Canon they did nothing about it. They did give me a low percent off their website printers that are very over priced. They use to have the best printer and customer service now I am back to HP

Announcements