cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our 6 month old Cannon Pixma MG5320 died, won't come on at all.

RobL
Apprentice

Cannon Pixma MG5320 stopped working. I sent two pages to pring, the first printed then the light when tou on the ON button. Tried a lamp and there is power to the plug-in. But, no light when you press the ON button. Is there a breaker or something we can press to get it back to life. It is only 6 months old and was fairly expensive. I hate to think that it is dead for good.

59 REPLIES 59

Caper
Apprentice

Mine too. Just plain will not power on. Fairly new, light use, tried the ridiculous and unhelpful 'did you try unplugging it?' ideas from tech support. Out of warranty so I guess it is junk. 

Canon, you should be ashamed putting out garbage like this. There is clearly a serious problem with this product and it is your responsibiity to fix it. 

louw27
Apprentice

Add me to the list: my three-and-a-half year old MG5320, which had relatively light use (several days per month, often duplex printing) just died. No warning, no erratic behavior -- it just stopped in the middle of a single-sheet print job. While it was working, it was a great printer in all three modes: print, copy, scan.

But: it seems there's no repair, no recourse and no clue from Canon. Much as I hate to discard (hopefully recylce) a 20-pound chunk of plastic and metal, it looks like I'm in the market for a new printer, especially given the cost-benefit balance of repair vs. purchase.

Those new Epson EcoTank printers look intriguing.

MGcarter
Apprentice

Add the Carter family to the list.  I have had my MG5320 around 3 years.  We have only went through 3 ink cartridges.  Now it will not turn on!  

MGcarter
Apprentice

Add the Carter family to the list.  I have had my MG5320 around 3 years.  We have only went through 3 ink cartridges.  Now it will not turn on!  

UK user. Yup. Same here. B200 error then that's it. Unplug. Leave for 10 minutes. Leave overnight. Dead. Dead. Dead. Tried all the "fixes' on the varius forums but to no avail.

It doesn't matter what you paid for it - it should be fit for purpose. 3 years old, not used a great deal.

Sorry Canon - the replacement will not be a Canon.

Babchook
Apprentice
Canon Pixma MG3550, purchased 18 months ago, mint condition.. Suddenly stopped workon and doesn't switch on.. Did some investigation.. Found out that the ac adapter circuit is burnt. Contacted Canon Europe, they obviously replied that the printer is out of warranty and rendered me to service labs that will cost double the money for the part.
The same ac adapter seems to be used in many of their models in various versions and tend to be the issue. I found a replacement unit on eBay for around 30 euro, I can buy a new printer for that price.
Looking for a solution or modification for the ac adapter, if I'll find something I'll update here.
Looks like all of you here are experiencing the same issue and it is the faulty ac adapter circuit that has short-circuit or just burns and lives us all with a brick of plastic and loads of useless ink...

skig
Apprentice
Same model. Same problem. Bought the printer in 2011 or 2012. Sent something to print from another room about a month ago, went to check it, and it went dead just as it was getting ready to print.
Tried unplugging for awhile. Tried another outlet. Took apart the power supply compartment to check for loose connections. Nothing wrong. Very disappointed that I have to buy another printer so soon.

sbelean
Apprentice

Same problem here, 3 years old printer.

Don't expect it to work anymore. They give everybody the same answer on how to fix it but it does not work. When I called them they told me I could get a discount on another printer off their website. I went and bought a HP. I really like it. It stinks because I was a Canon owner for over thirty years and they don't care if you were a long time customer or not. They use to have the best customer service, now I think it is the worst.

OK, I'm signing off forever.

Announcements