cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our 6 month old Cannon Pixma MG5320 died, won't come on at all.

RobL
Apprentice

Cannon Pixma MG5320 stopped working. I sent two pages to pring, the first printed then the light when tou on the ON button. Tried a lamp and there is power to the plug-in. But, no light when you press the ON button. Is there a breaker or something we can press to get it back to life. It is only 6 months old and was fairly expensive. I hate to think that it is dead for good.

59 REPLIES 59

Just looked at other websites with similar suggestions & likely causes - most likely printer circuit board problems if cords & letting it sit unplugged for 10 minutes (to reset the printer's inner boards) doesn't work.  One also had another suggestion - maximum print has been reached, need to reset.  Could this be a cause - much like the old i550 wouldn't print until the ink pad & pad counter were reset?  Are there special "reset" commands that work by holding down certain buttons?

Cezar1981
Apprentice
I have the same problem now and I just bought this printer 7 months ago! Isn't that ridiculous?!! I called Canon customer support and they are even worse than the printer itself, they offered me no solution whatsoever. I will never buy Canon printers from now on.

I'll be taking my business to Brother brand printers from this point forward.

My MG5320 is only about a year and a half old. I haven't even printed enough to go through two sets of ink carts. But today I went to turn it on and... nothing. Tried all of the snake oil remedies that were suggested here to no avail.

I've been buying Canon cameras for years. I buy my first Canon printer, and this happens? Sorry. Only have one chance to make a first impression. My next printer will likely not be a Canon.

I've had similar problems with my Pixma model - but I bought it online so I could send it back and have received my money back. I was satisfied with the Pixma printer, so I will try another model now - maybe I get lucky this time.

mkoche
Apprentice

Our MG5320 has apparently gone to Valhalla, no lights, no action, nothing.  It all started with a B200 error that kept the printer from printing anything.  Three hours of troubleshooting, calling Canon tech support (with no operator answering within the stated hours of their opening), and working on a number of possible solutions and finally, the printer just turned itself off and that's all they wrote.  It is only two years old (so out of warranty) and we have been supporting Canon through the purchase of ink cartridges. 

Reading through these messages and the lack of response from Canon, makes me wonder, if this is not the case for a class action suit.  How can a company despise its clients so much to sell them a clearly faulty product?  And then not even own up to it?  I think our family's relationship with Canon has just officially ended.

Hello.

To try and resolve this power issue, try unplugging the power from the unit for about 25-30 minutes.  Once this time frame has passed, plug the power back in to see if the unit will power on.

If the issue persists, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Dont insult our intelligence Michael. If we have the wherewithal to find A Canon forum, register accounts and post on the apporpriate thread, I think we have all tried unplugging the unit multiple times in different ways to get it to power on. Address the fact that these printers obviously have a defect across the board and what Canon will be doing to make right on a terrible product.

leclercs
Apprentice

Well, no one has posted now for 6 weeks. I had hopes that maybe a resolution was discovered because I just got this issue on my MG5320. Had already tried all the little troubleshootings talked about here. I even have an ol IP5200 with same power cord. The power cord from the MG5320 works fine on my IP5200 but the 5200 power cord doesn't work on the MG. So it's just dead like the rest of you. I wish Canon would respond with this beign a now known problem for this unit. Obviously it does have a defect. My unit was 18 month old. My IP5200 is still happy and it was purchased in 2006. It was only a printer and I needed a scanner so I got the MG. I guess it was a bad call on my part. Like the auto industry, I think Canon should have recalled this device. 🙂

Steve L.

Steve - you were checking back for the problem, and I'm just having the problem.  I have a printer that we purchased for my father in law about 2 years ago.  The printer I would bet has been used only enough times to replace the ink once (they barely use it).  Now it is dead as a doornail!  It has no sign of life whatsoever.  And, yes, I also tried all the ding-dong methods to resolve it.  I am an Electrical Engineer and work designing digital and analog embedded PCBs., so I though I would remove the power supply and investigate.  

I opened the module and powered it up and started probing with my DMM and oscilloscope.  The transformers, switching stage, and rectifier seem to be working enough that I read about 11.25VDC across a couple output pins, then I also read around 8.6VDC  at another point.  The problem is, without a schematic or service manual, there is not much more I can do.  There is a sign of life to the power module enough to think that replacing it may not fix it(I was hopeful to try that).  Then again, there may be a missing DC voltage at the output and I wouldn't know it.  So... the only thing I know for sure is - this is a major problem for Canon and it's hard to believe they haven't recalled it, etc...  Thanks to the Canon rep that chaimed in a while back telling us to unplug it and plug it back in...very insightful - NOT!

After more searching (I've now spent enough time that I wished I just went and threw this in the trash and bought a new printer...non-Canon of course) and I do see that the power supply is supposed to output 32VDC and 24VDC, neither of which are voltages on the output of my module.

John

Announcements