cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Options to repair a MP560 that quit printing black on plain paper.

wscanon
Contributor

Hello,

I have a Canon MP560 that I've used for years that stopped printing black with a plain paper setting.

I tried replacing all of the ink carts with new ones and tried cleaning the print head but it still won't print black when set for plain paper.

It prints color and black ok with paper from rear tray when the printing is set for high resolution paper.

Is this likely a failing print head? Do these printheads (QY6-0073)  just wear out after a while from use?

Haven't yet taken it apart and thoroughly cleaned the inside. I'm thinking of purchasing an oem refurbed print head?

If you want to suggest take it to a repair shop. I don't live near any repair shops and would likely just purchase another printer online instead of having this one repaired.

2 REPLIES 2

KDef
Enthusiast
If the printhead replacement isn't expensive, I'd give it a shot, Given the age of the printer though, you'll likely find a killer deal on an updated model in the next few weeks too.

A printhead from China is approx. $10.00, a used refurbished oem printhead  (US) I found for $15.00.

However I can pick up a brand new PIXMA MG2525 printer for $26.99 that includes free shipping.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements