cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On-screen message on PIXMA MX432 "Prevent abrasion set", what does this mean?

Annabelle
Apprentice

I have a Canon PIXMA MX432 (Model # K10375) that has been printing pretty well flawlessly, even surviving various iOS upgrades on my Apple devices, but which is now displaying the on-screen message "Prevent abrasion set" routinely when I go to print a copy.  If I press "OK" the machine prints without a problem; but I would like to understand why this is happening and I couldn't find any reference to the issue/message in the user's manual.  Can anyone in the Community offer any advice please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

This message indicates that the Prevent Paper Abrasion option was enabled.  This setting adds extra distance between the ink carriage and the paper to possibly prevent scratches or other quality issues with thicker paper types.

Access the printer utility by performing the following if you wish to turn this setting off:

1.  Open the Hard Drive (Mac HD).

2.  Open the Library Folder.

3.  Open the Printers folder.

4.  Open the Canon Folder, then the BJ Printer folder.  Once there, open the Utilities folder.

5.  Open the Canon IJ Printer utility.

Once there, you can disable the Prevent Paper Abrasion setting.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

This message indicates that the Prevent Paper Abrasion option was enabled.  This setting adds extra distance between the ink carriage and the paper to possibly prevent scratches or other quality issues with thicker paper types.

Access the printer utility by performing the following if you wish to turn this setting off:

1.  Open the Hard Drive (Mac HD).

2.  Open the Library Folder.

3.  Open the Printers folder.

4.  Open the Canon Folder, then the BJ Printer folder.  Once there, open the Utilities folder.

5.  Open the Canon IJ Printer utility.

Once there, you can disable the Prevent Paper Abrasion setting.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Michael: Just read your helpful/understandable reply to my query. Thanks so much. As soon as I've followed your steps to address the issue, or not - if indeed the PPA action is actually a useful safeguard (that I wasn't aware of).

I did this but every time I remove check its like it resets its self when you back out of it ????

Ok SME Michael I went back and tried it one more time and dag if it didn't work this time. Quality is back where it belong wow never say never. My printer just wanted me to join I guess, so I'll just read and learn. Good night. Not so fast though one other thing will I have to do that for every app cause I went back in micsoft word to get this to work??? probably not but still a need to know.

Hi jasd65        

Yes, you will need to do this from every app before printing.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI            

jasd65
Apprentice
Mine print but the quality is the worse for a full new ink.

jasd65
Apprentice
Thanks
Announcements