cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New printer grinding sound

colleen7
Apprentice

Just bought a Canon PIXMA MX922 and it works great but makes a loud grinding noise before printing. How do I make it stop?

6 REPLIES 6

BillS
Mentor

Hi colleen7,

Some noises prior to printing are normal, especially the first print after turning the printer on.  In order to better assist you, allow me to ask a couple questions:

Does the sound continue throughout the printing process?

Does the sound also occur when photocopying?

I look forward to your reply.

Thank you for responding.

It makes the sound when I first turn it on, when it is preparing to print or copy, but not while printing or copying.  It is a very loud scraping sound.  I also hear all the other sounds that sound very smooth and normal as in all printers.  But then all of a sudden there is a loud scraping sound that only lasts a second but will happen 1 to 3 times at those times I noted above.

There are several possible causes for an unusual noise coming from the printer.

To stop this noise, click on the link to open the article and get detailed instructions.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

CSC1
Apprentice

I have the same problem. I have tried all the fixes listed and it still makes the noise. Where you able to fix your printer??

I would appreciate any help.

Thank you.

CSC1
Apprentice

I have the same problem. Tryed all the proposed fixes. still makes the grinding sound. Were you able to fix your printer??

I would appreciate any help.

Thank you.

No.  Mine still makes the loud noises.  Works just fine though.

Announcements