cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New MX922 won't print

gojurick
Apprentice

Hello, I have just purchased and installed a new Pixma MX922 printer and connected it wirelessly to my home network.  Going through the install I put in the ink cartridges (all light up) and attempted to go through the print head alignment.  The page came out blank.  Yes I'm using the sheet that came with the printer.  I attempted this several times with the same result. I then tried to go through the manual alignment, same results, pages come out blank.  I have verified that the cartridges do not have any plastic left over coveing the ink dispenser. I looked inside to make sure I didn't forget to remove some internal protective cover or something.  I found nothing.  I also installed the software on a laptop and connected and attempted to print, only a blank page.  I've searched for an answer but come up with nothing.  Any insight would be helpful, I'd really rather not have to box it up and ship it back.  Thanks.

27 REPLIES 27

I returned my printer, I will let everyone know how the replacement does.

I have just received my replacement printer and am trying it now.

It works perfectly!

When I went to print the head alignment page it worked perfectly.

josepena64
Apprentice

On the wireless router, change the channel to 6.  reboot the printer and this should fix the problem.

Let me know if it works

megacase
Apprentice

Sounds similar to my problem and this is really disappointing.  We dont print much... so this bites us all the time.  I have a MX922 which I bought through Amazon Prime about two months ago.

I run MacOS 10.9.5.

Please help me fix this.  This my first Canon.  Never had a problem like this with previous printers.  At this point I cannot print anything.

Thank you to all in advance.  

If I go back to Amazon... it wont be for a replacement.  It will be for a refund.  I should have done my homework ahead of time on this printer.  My mistake.  

Trying to print the test page... I get "The printer is not responding".

I've updated the drivers, I've restablished the wifi connection, cycled it on/off...... nothing has worked.

The orange protectors are off... this printer has worked before.  It just wigs out after not being used.

You should reset everything to default and just do the whole setup again like when you first took it out of the box.  Can you print the configuration page from the printer itself?  If that doesn't work i would just get a replacement, this is an awesome monster printer.  I wouldn't get a refund if I was you.  When I got it working I was so happy and no more problems.

Hi megacase,

I would like to have you print the LAN details page from the printer to verify the connection status of the printer.  To do this, please follow the steps located at the link below:

Printing the PIXMA MX922 LAN Details

What are the values in the WIRELESS LAN, CONNECTION, and SIGNAL STRENGTH fields?  Also, how far away is your printer from your wireless router?

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements