cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Management Software for MF4890dw?

pgreen
Apprentice

We recently installed a bunch of MF4890dw multifunction printer/copier/scanners on our network.  Is there an easy way to manage these over the network?  I know I can access each one individually through its IP address, but the amount of control is limited.  For most things, I have to physically push the buttons on the front panel.  I would like to be able to administer them all centrally through a utility like HP's Web JetAdmin.

Also, how do I add a scanner to a computer (and visa versa), short of reinstalling the software from scratch?  Is there a setting I am just missing?

These are very nice devices, but it is frustrating to not have more control.

2 REPLIES 2

Patrice
Whiz

Hi pgreen!

There is no software that would allow an administrator to centrally control multiple units over the network.  The imageCLASS units are designed to reduce errors, which is why most functions have to be selected at the printer. 

Canon does not currently have a supported software that will allow you to add a scanner to a computer.

I hope this information is helpful to you.  If you need further assistance, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).  Have a good day.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Not what I wanted to hear, but thanks for the response.  I was hoping for something to make my life easier.  Oh well.

Announcements