Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Re: My printer takes too long to start printing. Any idea why?

I have the same issue, the worst part is after it prints a singel sheet it does another maintenance job of some sort, perhaps another cleaning. There's no need to do a head cleaning before and after a single sheet printed. This is stealing all my ink, completely unacceptable. I used to have the MX850 and it was never like this printer. Canon needs to change this auto function and give the option for the users/owner to chooose if and when a clean head function is needed.

New Contributor

Re: My printer takes too long to start printing. Any idea why?

I have a Pixema MX922 and I hate how long it takes to get ready to print. Why on earth does it need to clean every time I need to print. It should keep itself ready to go. I would be fine with a short 5-10 second cleaning, but it takes between 1 and 3 minutes. I get frustrated because in many cases I need the printer in a hurry and it simply does not meet my needs. I have been loyal to Canon for 15+ years for all of my photo needs, but I can finally say this has pushed my in another direction. I can't deal with the lengthy delays any longer when I want to print.