cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My printer takes too long to start printing. Any idea why?

atvan1
Contributor

Not too much to say here. Every time I try to print the printer either takes to long or says "The printer is not responding". I'm printing through wifi.

28 REPLIES 28

Jenine
Rising Star

Hello Atvan1!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what printer you are using. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/Canon-Support or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

I have a Pixema MX922 and I hate how long it takes to get ready to print. Why on earth does it need to clean every time I need to print. It should keep itself ready to go. I would be fine with a short 5-10 second cleaning, but it takes between 1 and 3 minutes. I get frustrated because in many cases I need the printer in a hurry and it simply does not meet my needs. I have been loyal to Canon for 15+ years for all of my photo needs, but I can finally say this has pushed my in another direction. I can't deal with the lengthy delays any longer when I want to print.

I have had the same problem but intermittently with my TS9120.  It will print quickly for weeks hen all of a sudden it acts like it is buffering huge files or something.   I have repeated the set up a couple of times.  Disconnected and reset the wireless LAN ( this is hit or miss works half the time), to try and fix.  It is frustrating.  I also have a wireless router repeater with in two feet of the printer and it does not seem to want to connect vi that device but only my main wireless router on the other side of the house.  I say this as the signal strength should be almost 100% and it is typically at 66-75%  which i assume is the main router on the other side of the house.

Any suggestions ideas recommendations would be great

atvan1
Contributor
I'm using a Canon MX922. Printing from a Mac with software OS X 10.11.6

Hi atvan1,

Are you using your PIXMA MX922 with a USB cable or are you using your PIXMA MX922 wirelessly?

Please note, Canon's Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If this is an urgent support need, please use the link below to reach our friendly Technical Support Team:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Wirelessly

Hi atvan1,

Our printers have a print head cleaning function that is performed automatically, and this sometimes contributes to the time that it takes for the print job that was sent to the printer to actually begin printing.  There is not a way to disable or prevent the print head cleaning processes from performing; the printer will do these automatically as needed.

In addition, depending on how far away your printer is from your wireless access point/router, the printer may have a stronger or weaker signal strength, which can also contribute to how long it takes for a print job to start printing. Moving the printer as close as you can to your wireless access point/router can sometimes improve the time it takes for a print job to start printing.

If you still experience difficulty, we ask that you please call 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays) for further assistance.  A Canon technical support representative will be happy to help.  There is no charge for this call.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

We are moving. When I get my home office set up and put the printer next to the router then we'll see what happens.

However, the printer isn't too far from it. The only things between the printer and the router is a wall. They are in two different rooms but they're technically 2 feet from one another.

I've suffered the incessant cleaning problem with my MG1750. I dont use my printer very often often but when I do, irrespective of it being a print, copy or scan it takes 2-3 mins making noises but not making any real useful progress. THIS IS EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING CANON! As well as having to wait everytime it prints it also means that it is doing a clean for virtually every page I print the result of which means I get through a set of inks with less than 50 pages printed!

I am pretty sure that unless an update to firmware is made that dramatically improves this I will not be buying Canon again

Announcements