cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My printer reads cannot copy from ADF

jackie910
Contributor

When I try to copy from the top loader it tells me it cannot scan from the ADF....I am not trying to scan....I'm pushing the copy button

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you so much......I was so lost with this problem :>)

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Tiffany

Hi Jackie910!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly what model printer and operating system you're using. Any other details you'd like to give will also help the Community better understand your issue.

Thanks and have a great day!

jackie910
Contributor

My printer is an all-in-one

Cannon MX340

Thank you

MarkII
Rising Star

Hi jackie910,

During the copy process, the original is "scanned".  You can resolve this error by changing the intensity setting for your copy.

1. Press the <Settings> button repeatedly until Copy intensity appears.

2. Press the left  left or right  arrow to select Manual adjust and then press the <OK> button.

Note:
     If you want to copy using Auto adjust, load the original on the platen glass.

* If you select Auto adjust (A)A appears on the LCD.

3. If you select Manual adjust, use the  button to decrease the intensity or the  button to increase it and then press <OK>.

4. Press <Back> repeatedly to return to Copy standby mode.

5. Attempt to copy again.

If this didn't work, or if you have any other questions, please feel free to Contact Us!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you so much......I was so lost with this problem :>)

MX882 printer I have had for years.  All of a sudden I cannot print from ADF.  The ink is free, the ADF feeds & the ADF scanner works.  I have played with the intensity -- any other suggestions.  Cathy

Hi cbarton,

Please perform a test of your PIXMA MX882:

1. Make sure that your PIXMA MX882 is turned on.

2. Load a sheet of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper in the Auto Sheet Feeder or the Cassette.

3. Open the Paper Output Tray and then open the Output Tray Extension.

4. To print the nozzle check pattern:

4-1. Press the SETUP button on your PIXMA MX882.

4-2. Select Maintenance, then press the OK button. The Maintenance screen is displayed.

4-3. Select Print nozzle check pattern and then press the OK button. The pattern print confirmation screen is displayed.

4-4. Select Yes and then press the OK button.

Does the test page that you printed match the example below?

MX882 Nozzle Check.jpg

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Yes, it prints this perfectly

I am sorry my answer is no.  It does the bottom colors but not the very top category

Hi cbarton.

Please make sure that the larger black ink tank contains ink then perform a few printhead cleanings:

1. Press the SETUP button on your PIXMA MX882.

2. Select Maintenance then press the OK button.

3. Select Deep Cleaning and press OK.

4. Press OK to select Yes.

The Deep cleaning will be performed. After 2 or 3 cleanings, print another test page.

Does the test page print correctly?  If black does not appear, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Announcements