cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My printer insists it needs paper in the top cassette

SBMiller
Contributor

I'm trying to print some documents on my Pixma MX922, and of course I'm on a deadline. It ran out of paper; when I went to refill the cassette, I pulled out the upper cassette by accident - and now it is refusing to print, because there is no paper in the upper cassette. There has never been paper in the (itty-bitty) upper cassette; I'm not even sure what you'd put in there. But multiple powerings-down and attempts to print have done absolutely nothing. How do I fix it?

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

SBMiller
Contributor

Okay, I found some photo paper and put it in, since that seems to be what it wants - and it started printing my document on it! How do I get it to go back to the lower cassette, where it belongs!

Sorry to be an idiot about this. I have chemo brain, I have to get documents to the insurance company, and my printer is making me crazy.

SBMiller
Contributor

Isn't there anyone who can help me with this?

Hello SBMiller!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your inquiry!

The Forums aren't meant for immediate assistance, but are designed to allow the community to help each other with issues encountered or tips they'd like to share along the way.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is a much more efficient way to get help! They're ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/Canon-Support or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thank you. I'd just hoped to hear something within a couple of weeks.

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

The printer will feed from the upper cassette if a smaller paper size has been specified.

Check the settings in your software to ensure that Letter (8.5"x11") is chosen before printing.

If you continue to have difficulties and need additional assistance, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you, Michael. I did try that; the printer is still insisting that the paper must come from the upper cassette - which is, of course, too small for anything but photo paper. I am getting a little desperate here.

Hi SBMiller,

Allow me to ask a couple questions to clarify the issue:

• Which version of Windows or Macintosh are you using?
  • Are you able to print normally from another program?
  • Are you able to make a photcopy?

I look forward to your reply.

Hi, Bill.

- I am using Windows 7.

- I can print from Word

- I have never tried to make a photocopy.

Thank you!

Announcements