cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My cannon MG2220 will not allow to use black ink only.

dhartrum
Apprentice

My cannon MG2220 will not let me print with black ink only. I set it to black only in the print driver settings but now it will not print anything.

Thanks

Deb Hartrum

3 REPLIES 3

Crista
Whiz

Hi dhartrum!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using. That way, community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team.

Thanks!

I am using windows 7.

Ramona
Authority

Hi dhartrum,

If the black ink is not printing, please print a nozzle check pattern from the printer following the steps below to see if the inkjet nozzles are dispensing the ink correctly:

You need to prepare: a sheet of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper

1. Make sure that the power is turned on.

2. Load a sheet of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper in the front tray.

3. Open the output tray extension, open the paper output tray, then extend the paper output support.

4. Print the nozzle check pattern.

(1) Press the (Maintenance) button to display A.

Figure:LED

(2) Press the Color or Black button.  The nozzle check pattern will be printed.

5. Examine the nozzle check pattern that printed and compare it the nozzle check pattern below:

If the nozzle check pattern that printed did not look the image above, including the black grid at the top above the colors, please peform at least one cleaning and two deep cleanings on the printer to try and get the ink to print correctly by following the steps at the link below:

Performing Print Head Cleanings

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements