cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Printer will only print test pages!

NaeLegs
Apprentice

Hello, i am currently using my windows 10 laptop to print documents from the web or from Microsoft word to my Canon MG2950 printer, the printer has been working fine for months now, but when it came to reinstalling new ink cartdridges, everything staryted going wrong. 

i havbe installed brand new color AND black cartridges, and the color light is still on solid. there is currently no flashing from the "Alarm lamp" , only the color light is on. 

whenever i try and print, nothing happens, or i get a message on windows saying my printer is in an "error state"

I tried realigning the print heads, which at first, got rid of the light, and when it came to the second part of the realignment (where i had to put the test page into the scanner. The color light came back on!

I cannot print at all right now, only these test pages

Please help

Jamie

2 REPLIES 2

Danny

Hi, Jamie!

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thanks for posting!

We appreciate your participation, though we need to let you know that your product appears to be a model that is not supported by our team here at Canon USA.  The Canon Community Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click HERE and select your country to find support in your part of the world.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Thanks for choosing Canon!

but i cant find an EU forum 😞

surely there is generic troubleshooting across most canon pixma printers?

Announcements