cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My PIXMA MG5320 has error U052-'the type of print head is incorrect. Install the correct print head

Brooks14
Apprentice

My printer stopped in between printing different documents with the Error U052.  It said, "the type of print head is incorrect.  Install the correct print head."  I couldn't find help on the support page.  A YouTube video showed me how to manually take out the print head and clean it.  I did this and reinstalled my ink cartridges.  I still have the error.  I can't align my print heads.  Can I buy a new print head or do I need to buy a new printer?  I love this printer!  It is only one year old.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Karl1
Rising Star

Hi Brooks14,

If your printer was purchased within a year, we may be able to replace it under the warranty without having you purchase a new one.  Since you have already tried reseating it without success, I recommend using the Contact Us link to get in touch with our support staff who can go through your warranty options

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

Thank you for getting back to me.  I did contact Canon through an e-mail and was told it needed a repair.  It was a few months out of warranty.  The cost of repair could have been more than the cost of a new printer so I opted to buy a new Canon MX922.  Canon printers are so easy to use!  I hope this one lasts longer.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Karl1
Rising Star

Hi Brooks14,

If your printer was purchased within a year, we may be able to replace it under the warranty without having you purchase a new one.  Since you have already tried reseating it without success, I recommend using the Contact Us link to get in touch with our support staff who can go through your warranty options

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for getting back to me.  I did contact Canon through an e-mail and was told it needed a repair.  It was a few months out of warranty.  The cost of repair could have been more than the cost of a new printer so I opted to buy a new Canon MX922.  Canon printers are so easy to use!  I hope this one lasts longer.

talon2365
Apprentice

I had the same problem. Very disapointed in Canon. I printed less than 100 pages before this went bad and of course it is out of warranty. Looks like I have to buy a new printer (as the cost to repair is more than a new one), however this is the second bad experience with Canon ink jet printers. I will never buy one again. Canon really needs to step up the QC of their printers before I ever decide to by one again.

my sympathies. Mine has just gone under the spell of a U052 too. This has to be a design fault.

huwjones
Apprentice

I also have this problem. can someone please start a web site so that infuriated users like myself can show Canon to be selling products which are unfit for purpose.

13Nickels
Apprentice

I purchased a Canon Pixma Mg5220 on February 14, 2011 (Valentine's Day) and it has been the love of my life since then.  I use the printer at least 3 times a week. Although the ink is somewhat expensive it has served me well. Tried compatible ink one time and clogged the print head. Never again.

When I print on Canon Pro Platinum paper, the results are phenominal. Looks like a print under glass.

Only recently did I receive a message "the type of print head is incorrect". At first it threw me for a loop. Was unable to correct it until I turned off the printer, waited a while, and then all was O.K.

Hope it works for youi.Smiley Wink

Announcements