cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My MX430 keeps going offline and won't print

sallyb
Apprentice

My MX430 is set up for wireless printing and keeps going offline and won't print.  I have reinstalled the software several times and it keeps happening.  It is my only printer and is set as the default.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi sallyb,

Printer offline may indicate that the printer driver is not configured properly.  Please try the following to resolve the issue:

1.  Click Start.

2.  Click Control Panel.

3.  Click Hardware and Sound.

4.  Click Devices and Printers.

5.  Right click the MX430 Printer and click Printer Properties.

6.  Click the Ports tab.

7.  Make sure that the checkmark is on the port that starts with CNBJNP, then click OK and try to print.

If the CNBJNP port was already selected please try right clicking the MX430 printer and click See Whats Printing.  When the print queue opens, click Printer and remove the checkmark on Use Printer Offline by clicking on it, then try printing again.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25

Danny

Hi, sallyb.

The community is eager to assist! To ensure the most accurate information is provided, we’ll need to know the computer operating system you are using. We look forward to hearing back from you!

Windows 7-thx!!!

Hi sallyb,

Printer offline may indicate that the printer driver is not configured properly.  Please try the following to resolve the issue:

1.  Click Start.

2.  Click Control Panel.

3.  Click Hardware and Sound.

4.  Click Devices and Printers.

5.  Right click the MX430 Printer and click Printer Properties.

6.  Click the Ports tab.

7.  Make sure that the checkmark is on the port that starts with CNBJNP, then click OK and try to print.

If the CNBJNP port was already selected please try right clicking the MX430 printer and click See Whats Printing.  When the print queue opens, click Printer and remove the checkmark on Use Printer Offline by clicking on it, then try printing again.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you soooo much! It worked:)

I'm having the same problem with my printer and Windows 7 laptop, but that port isn't listed.

Hi smithbs,

If the port is not listed as an option then it is likely not installed.  Run the wireless setup again from the CD-ROM or our website to have the port installed.  This setup should also select the CNBJNP as your printer's communication port, but I recommend following Karl1's steps just to confirm it is set properly.

If this didn't work, or if you have any other questions, please feel free to Contact Us!

I'm having the same problem with my MX430. I use a Mac - OS 10.8.5; it consistenly goes offline.

Tricia

Hello tmcrowley.

For additional assistance with this matter, please contact our support group using the link below.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

I am having the same problem with a mac 10.10.1 Yosemite operating system.  Please help

Announcements