cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My MG5720 will not scan - It prints fine.

SammyQ222
Contributor

Unable to scan documents. Windows 10. Wireless connection, it prints fine but will not scan. If I click on IJ Scan Utility small window comes up with Product Name: Canon MG5700 series Network. I click on Auto and get an error message: Scanner Not Selected Click [Scanner selection] to select scanner. Scanner driver will be closed. Code 2,207,0. From that window I click on the Scanner Selection box. which brings up Canon IJ Network Scanner Selector EX. It says Select Scanners You Want To Use From This Computer, but there are no scanners shown. The menu on the printer itself only has the option of scanning PC Local (USB). How do I scan using the wireless network?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ramona
Authority

Hi SammyQ222,

To try and resolve the issue, you will want to ensure that the Canon IJ Network Scanner Selector EX program is running on your computer.  To ensure it is running, from the WINDOWS menu on your computer, select ALL APPS, then CANON UTILITIES, then IJ NETWORK SCANNER SELECTOR EX.  

Please attempt to scan again.  If you are still unable to scan, reinstalling the drivers for the printer may help.  The latest drivers can be downloaded from the Canon USA website here.  You will want to download and install the MP DRIVERS file from the DRIVERS section.

Should you still experience difficulty, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for further assistance. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Ramona
Authority

Hi SammyQ222,

To try and resolve the issue, you will want to ensure that the Canon IJ Network Scanner Selector EX program is running on your computer.  To ensure it is running, from the WINDOWS menu on your computer, select ALL APPS, then CANON UTILITIES, then IJ NETWORK SCANNER SELECTOR EX.  

Please attempt to scan again.  If you are still unable to scan, reinstalling the drivers for the printer may help.  The latest drivers can be downloaded from the Canon USA website here.  You will want to download and install the MP DRIVERS file from the DRIVERS section.

Should you still experience difficulty, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for further assistance. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

That worked!  I uninstalled all the Canon programs, re-booted, then reinstalled using the driver you referenced.  Thanks for the help.

I spoke too soon.

A couple days later, I am unable to scan.  The printer no longer shows up in IJ NETWORK SCANNER SELECTOR EX.

It looks like I need to reinstall the drivers AGAIN.  Why is this?  I am using Windows 10.

tschdummy
Apprentice

MG5720 will not scan on my mac VER: 10.11.6

Announcements