cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My MG2120 multifunction printer does not print at all some times, other times/3 hours later

tdriver49
Apprentice

I just bought this MG2120 and it does not print like I expected. The last time not at all, the time before that, 3 hours later.

I am running it with a Compaq CQ57 laptop w/Windows7-64 bit. Anybody know why this may be?

1 REPLY 1

Devin
Enthusiast

Hi tdriver49!

I first want to apologize that your PIXMA MG2120 does not print all of the time and sometimes hours later. 

The first thing I would recommend is to ensure that the printer is connected directly to a native USB port on the back of the computer.  Try a different USB port and cable if possible.  There is sometimes an issue communicating if you are connecting through a bad USB cable, hub, or another device.

Next, I would try to reinstall the drivers with the latest from our website.  To uninstall the drivers, please perform the following:

1.  Click the Windows button, type in MP Drivers Uninstall, then click on the item that appears.

2.  Follow the steps to uninstall the drivers.

We can then download the latest drivers from our website. Please perform the following to download the software from our website:

1.  Visit Canon's web site at: 

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer

2.  Type in PIXMA MG2120, then select the PIXMA MG2120 that appears in the drop down. 

3.  Select Windows using the drop down menu SELECT OPERATING SYSTEM VERSION, then select your Windows 7 (x64) using the SELECT OS VERSION drop down box.

4.  Click DRIVERS to display the drivers available.

5.  Click on MG2100 series MP Driver.

6.  Instructions for completing the download and installation will appear on the page that follows.  You will also see a disclaimer at the bottom.  Review the disclaimer, and click I AGREE - BEGIN DOWNLOAD.

7.  Once the download is complete, double click on the downloaded file to start the installation.  Follow the onscreen instructions to install.

I hope this gets you back up and running correctly.  If I can be of further assistance, please reply to this forum post.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements